Low Speed Wifi XR500

Recently bought an XR500, but I noticed a very poor performance on Wifi speeds

I have my ISP router  wifi disabled and the only connection is XR500 wired, with DMZ and static IP. My speed is 300 Mb down and 600 up.
When I run a speedtest on my PC wired to the XR500 there's no problem at all, the speeds are good. But when I run a speedtest with my phone next to the router (making sure that no other device is using internet) speeds are 50/100 with 2,4G and 100/200 on 5G. 

On my bedroom, wich is no further than 7meters from the router, the dowload speed is lower than 20mb, wich causes some problems when watching videos via streaming.

On the other hand, if I turn on my ISP router wifi, the speeds are what they should be.

I've checked the Wifi settings on the XR500, but haven´t noticed anything unusual

Any solution? 

Thank you very much

• Administrators

If you're using Smart Connect disable this and connect to 2.4/5GHz individually. Also use a WiFi analyser to find the least congested channels in your area and change to those. Have you changed any settings in Advanced WiFi settings at all? How are the antennae placed? Try and place them so they point to all different locations.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're using Smart Connect disable this and connect to 2.4/5GHz individually. Also use a WiFi analyser to find the least congested channels in your area and change to those. Have you changed any settings in Advanced WiFi settings at all? How are the antennae placed? Try and place them so they point to all different locations.

No Smart Connect enabled.

Havne't touch any advanced setting at all.

I've moved the anthems, but speedtest beneath the router gives at maximum only 40 mb down

Those are my settings

465607432_AdvancedWireless.thumb.jpg.a7adf2220c99021a97e01b43c7782097.jpg

913870372_Wirelesssetup.thumb.jpg.f8fbfd7eded53797769e278aff49ea75.jpg

• Administrators

I can't see anything wrong with those settings, have you changed the channels? I know you get full speed with ethernet but disable it completely and see if it helps at all. Also are there any wireless devices e.g. wireless headphones etc within 3 feet of the router? If so move those away as they can disrupt the signal.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I can't see anything wrong with those settings, have you changed the channels? I know you get full speed with ethernet but disable it completely and see if it helps at all. Also are there any wireless devices e.g. wireless headphones etc within 3 feet of the router? If so move those away as they can disrupt the signal.

I don’t even know how to change channels, so no, I haven’t changed any channel.

I’ve removed all ethernet cables in the router, and put away wireless headphones, but speedtests gives the same results

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Grafti said:

I don’t even know how to change channels, so no, I haven’t changed any channel.

I’ve removed all ethernet cables in the router, and put away wireless headphones, but speedtests gives the same results

Search for a WiFi analyser on your phone and scan the wifi, it should tell you a channel that is least congested or pick a channel that isn't being used by any other wifi networks. Then on the WiFi settings page click the channel drop down and switch to the one you identified as the least congested.