MudRunner PS4 Geo-filter

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you explain what happens on the Geo-Filter when you try to search for a game? Do you see many servers at all?

When creating a private game, there doesn't appear to be any servers on the Geo-Filter map and the game traffic isn't detected as high priority traffic. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, IrishNomad said:

When creating a private game, there doesn't appear to be any servers on the Geo-Filter map and the game traffic isn't detected as high priority traffic. 

If you're creating a private game you wouldn't see anything other than who you invite to the game appear on the map. How have you added your PS4 to Traffic Prioritization?

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're creating a private game you wouldn't see anything other than who you invite to the game appear on the map. How have you added your PS4 to Traffic Prioritization?

Ahh that makes sense. So in a private game, does this mean the ping would be more dependant on the connection to the ISP hub? And yes both consoles have been added. QoS is at 70% for upload and download as well.  

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, IrishNomad said:

Ahh that makes sense. So in a private game, does this mean the ping would be more dependant on the connection to the ISP hub? And yes both consoles have been added. QoS is at 70% for upload and download as well.  

Well it would be more dependent on your ping to that player - if you live in the UK and they live in the US for example then the ping will be likely 100+ and there isn't anything you can do about it because it is down to the distance. How have you added the consoles though, what service or custom ports did you use?

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Well it would be more dependent on your ping to that player - if you live in the UK and they live in the US for example then the ping will be likely 100+ and there isn't anything you can do about it because it is down to the distance. How have you added the consoles though, what service or custom ports did you use?

I added both consoles to the Geo-Filter and haven't changed or added anything other than that. I do have 4 consoles but I understand you can add a max of 4 consoles. I did change NAT to open instead of secured.

21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

For Traffic Prio add the consoles using the console services. Does the explanation I gave match up to why you're getting a higher ping?

So under QoS, use the Traffic Prio and add the consoles from there? What service should I select after adding them? 

I understand your explanation for high ping but both consoles are in the same home which is why I'm wondering why it's so high.

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ahh I see, interesting. Yes for Traffic Prioritization add them with the game console service. On the game does it have the option for a LAN game?

All 4 of the consoles in my house have been added and are using Filtering mode. Sadly there is no LAN option in this title. That is one thing I miss from PC gaming is the lack of LAN play option on console titles. It may just be this game's servers are known for high ping?

• Administrators

It is certainly possible. Try removing the devices from the Geo-Filter completely and disabling QoS from the Anti-Bufferbloat option menu. Other than the servers the only thing I could think of is all the consoles are competing with each other, disabling these options could help potentially.

On 3/11/2020 at 2:33 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It is certainly possible. Try removing the devices from the Geo-Filter completely and disabling QoS from the Anti-Bufferbloat option menu. Other than the servers the only thing I could think of is all the consoles are competing with each other, disabling these options could help potentially.

Finally had a chance to try the suggestions and unfortunately it made no difference in ping so I turned QoS back on and added the consoles back to the Geo-Filter. I appreciate the effort!

• Administrators

I don't think there is anything you can do then unfortunately. When you look on the map and are in a game are you completely zoomed out? Does the Geo-Filter show servers for other games? Would be interesting to see where the servers were located.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2020 at 7:08 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't think there is anything you can do then unfortunately. When you look on the map and are in a game are you completely zoomed out? Does the Geo-Filter show servers for other games? Would be interesting to see where the servers were located.

Before creating a private game, there is a lobby and while looking at the available public sessions, the Geo filter map shows them all over the usa and there are several inside my 500mi set radius. When creating a private game however, there are no icons on the Geo filter at all. Should I try the game's dev forums for help as well?

• Administrators

From re-reading and from what you've mentioned now I assume that the game is running completely locally when doing a private game which would explain why it's only being prioritized when playing a public game. It could be helpful if you could confirm this on the dev forum as well. If that is the case then the ping should be 5ms for LAN so very strange that it's spiking massively. My first thought would be that either the consoles are connected via WiFi which could lead to that issue especially if there are wireless devices within 3 feet of the router (even wireless headphones for example), there are a lot of wifi networks in your area or simply a lot of devices in your house using wifi. If they're not using wifi then you may want to try using different LAN ports on the router and with new if possible or at the very least different ethernet cables in case one of them is faulty.