Device Manager not working

Hi

I have a XR500 and every few days I have had to reboot the router as the device manager section will not load. 

Firmware version is V2.3.2.56 and I have reset the router to factory settings and still this happens. Sometimes it's OK for a few days and other times it happens daily. The unit was replaced and still it does it. I did revert back to an older firmware as instructed by Netgear but still is was doing it.

Hoping that somebody can help or do I have to wait for the new firmware to come out.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

What happens when it doesn't load? Does it show you a R-App not loaded message or does it infinitely load? What devices do you have connected to the router? Do you notice that it happens when connecting a specific device at all?

Hi and thanks for the welcome.

It does show that the R-App is not loading and after rebooting the router it seems to work for a few days. 

The devices that I have connected are as per screen shot.

I have connected each one separately and test but still the same problem.

Screenshot (3).png

• Administrators

If you've tested with each device then that is good, unlikely to be the cause. In the System Information page could you change the number of retry attempts in the R-App panel options to 5 please, then reboot the router and monitor it to see if it occurs again.

Hi

Thanks for that. I have changed the number of retry attempts in the R-App panel from 3 to 5. 

Will let you know in a few days if that works. Thanks for all your help in this. Looking forward in the new app 3 when it comes out.

Hi

Just tried to open the Device Manager and having the same problem as before. I am at present getting a bit annoyed of having to reboot the router every day so that I can control the devices that I have connected to the router. After searching the net I have found out that this is a common problem with Netgear products and that I should have gone with another brand.

• Administrators

I'm not sure why it is doing that. Next time it happens could you right click on the page, go to inspect element, go to the console tab on the window that appears and take a screenshot please?

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Palian said:

Hi

When I have to do a factory reset and I have done plenty (a bit annoying) I start afresh and not from a backup.

If there is anything else you need let me know.

That's good, nothing else for now. The devs may ask for more details when they're able to look at the issue.

16 hours ago, Newfie said:

Try resetting, setup and reinstalling .56 over the top again, reset and setup. Use the pin hole at the rear for resetting. 

Hi Newfie

I have tried that a few times and still it happens. Netgear even replaced the router twice and still it is happening. Hopefully somebody will come up with a fix.

1 hour ago, Palian said:

Hi Newfie

I have tried that a few times and still it happens. Netgear even replaced the router twice and still it is happening. Hopefully somebody will come up with a fix.

Sorry to hear that. Do you by any chance have any extenders running on your network or anything else connected to the XR.

15 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Sorry to hear that. Do you by any chance have any extenders running on your network or anything else connected to the XR.

No and the only other thing that is connected are the Arlo Base Station, Google Chrome and a DVR all of which I have disconnected before and still the device manager plays up.

There’s something unique about your situation. Have you got any third party Addons on your browser and what browsers have you tried?

have you any other devices you can try ie iPad, it may not work but may show something?

What modem have you got and have you got any third party firewalls?

Have you cleared your browser cache?

38 minutes ago, Newfie said:

There’s something unique about your situation. Have you got any third party Addons on your browser and what browsers have you tried?

have you any other devices you can try ie iPad, it may not work but may show something?

What modem have you got and have you got any third party firewalls?

Have you cleared your browser cache?

I am using Edge

Tried on TAB A plus Android phone still the same. Sometimes it works for a week or more then sometimes only 1 day

The modem is from our FTTP supplier. I think that it is a Huawei HG8247 . This is why this is happening maybe.

Browser cache clears ever night. 

5 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Ok, that’s a router modem in one. Is it in bridge mode?

Sorry mate, I am not up to speed on this. A bit old. 

What is bridge mode?