Vigor130 advice :)

Jettman

hey guys so im going to buy the vigor130 because i have heard good things about it. im making sure its an only modem so then i can plug another router into it like the r1 so its separate and runs smoothly like (Modem > router) not a (modem/router > router) because thats what im running atm and it's no good in my opinion like does the job but i think the best way to go is just modem>router. I currently live in AUS and pretty sure this will be a perfect modem for where i live . can someone also check this link to make sure its just a modem :) cheers.     https://www.i-tech.com.au/vdsl2-adsl-2-firewall-ipv6-router-with-1-x-lan-and-support-vigoracs-si-dv130.html?estimate_postcode=3941&estimate_quantity=1

Guest Killhippie
4 hours ago, Jettman said:

hey guys so im going to buy the vigor130 because i have heard good things about it. im making sure its an only modem so then i can plug another router into it like the r1 so its separate and runs smoothly like (Modem > router) not a (modem/router > router) because thats what im running atm and it's no good in my opinion like does the job but i think the best way to go is just modem>router. I currently live in AUS and pretty sure this will be a perfect modem for where i live . can someone also check this link to make sure its just a modem :) cheers.     https://www.i-tech.com.au/vdsl2-adsl-2-firewall-ipv6-router-with-1-x-lan-and-support-vigoracs-si-dv130.html?estimate_postcode=3941&estimate_quantity=1

Vigor 130 Lantiq chipset. Its exactly the same SoC as the one in later ECI UK BT b-Focus openreach modems, both the Vigor and Openreach modem contain the Lantiq VRX-268 chipset. Better to go for a Broadcom device if you are attached to broadcom hardware, Vigors are great modems but on the wrong cab you can loose speed, I'm not saying you will, but be aware. Openreach ECI modems built in 2016 (they have the only firmware update ECI modems ever had) are £20 on ebay if you live in UK. Vigor 130 can run hot to as its a half board. The Vigor does support G.imp and Vectoring so will work on Huawei better than the Openreach ECI modem will. If you are on a ECI cab though and are based in the UK since they have no G.inp support or vectoring and wont get this ever, not much point in spending the extra cash. Hope that helps.

hey bro sorry none of that really made sense ahaha other than i might lose speed . i live in Australia and im pretty sure it will work well for over here. could you check the link to make sure its just a modem not a modem/router :)

6 hours ago, Jettman said:

hey bro sorry none of that really made sense ahaha other than i might lose speed . i live in Australia and im pretty sure it will work well for over here. could you check the link to make sure its just a modem not a modem/router :)

Its just a modem. I had a Vigor 130 before.

Was having line problems and wanted to rule out it wasn't that causing them.

Also, with OpenWRT, I don't have to unplug the R1 to see line stats which you have to do on the Draytek... not ideal when you have a dodgy line.