Geofilter Anomalies

Two days ago my XR500 stopped geofiltering when I added a device (typically PS4) nothing happened on the screen, even after loading game profiles, and devices. At the same time the internet was unstable. So I factory reset the XR500. This did solve the internet issue, thats when the problems started with the geofilter really started: Spectating mode no longer allows people back into my lobby/session, nor does deleting the device in geofilter devices. When I give access to someone through the geofilter settings it only works after I have setup the device, if I remove the device and set up another one I have to toggle access and deny in the access and deny list. It never done this previously. There are times in GTAV when I can't get into a lobby with anyone else in it (Some say this is a good thing!), this is something new and strange.

I aslo have numerous log entries that I didn't have before, though I have raised this on the Netgear site.

Setup:- XR500, TP link N600 in bridge mode, Too many PC's game console to name here, though none of these are relevant. I have a VDSL2 connection to the house hence the TPlink.

Anything you can do to help?

• Administrators

This sounds very strange, would you be able to provide a full page screenshot or perhaps a short video of showing these weird occurrences like blocking in spectating mode? We've not seen something like this before so if we can see what is happening it would make it easier to help.

I cannot get it to it today (this is maybe a good thing), though I couldn't make it stop the other day. It was bizarre. If it does it again I will capture it.

With regard to the issue of multiple log entries (still happening) the guys over at Netgear say this is typical for the XR500? This seems like a cop out given the frequency (2 messages every ~30 secs). Does the XR700 have this feature/problem? If not I will buy one, I seem to experiencing too many issues with the XR500. So please let me know.

I know this is off topic but I am having issues logging into the site, my password doesn't seem to want to update after I have reset it, to log in I have to go in through the password reset page. Once logged in I can fully access my account and the site, though once I log out of the site, the new password I entered doesn't work. I wonder if this is something to with the XR500 (perhaps not), maybe just paranoia!

• Administrators

That's good in a sense, sometimes weird issues crop up and then just disappear for no apparent reason. The log entries are actually normal for Netgear routers regardless of the one used so you would likely see this on the XR700 as well. Depending on the entry you can turn some off by going to Settings > Monitoring > Logs and unticking what you don't want to be displayed. I wouldn't worry about the logs, they're very verbose and won't give you personally much information to go off, it's more for the developers should a big issue arise. 

Are you talking about the forum? You likely have a different username and display name, login with the one you're not using and it should then work fine. 

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you talking about the forum? You likely have a different username and display name, login with the one you're not using and it should then work fine. 

Yeah I was talking about the forum, and that has sorted the issue. I thought I was going mad.

Thanks for the help.