How to set Traffic prioritisation ?

38 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What are you trying to achieve exactly? In most cases I would recommend you just use DumaOS Classified Games or add your console with the console service.

I’m trying to achieve better hit box detection and just a better gaming experience altogether. At the moment I get the shoot first die first kind of game, and hit detection is more or less non existent. Also Me and my mates are more or less on the same level but on MW4 multiplayer they tend to get double the kills I do. They’ll be getting constantly 30-50 kills per game, where I’ve never reached 30 and a 15 kill game would be good for me, however when I play at their house I get way more kills and their game seems to be slowed down, I can actually have a gun battle, like on their connection I can kill 2 players that are coming at me, on my connection I can only pray I hit one of them, it seems that my gameplay is faster and that I’m like half a second behind. 

52 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the ping are you getting to the game as shown by the Geo-Filter? What are your Geo-Filter and QoS settings? Where are you located?

I’m in Lincolnshire UK,

it depends on which dedicated servers I’m connected to, but normally I’m on UK ones 10-15ms in game it shows 25-35ms ping

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Administrators

Okay well that is actually a very good ping so the router is doing its job, doesn't sound like you're experiencing lag per se so would recommend you try forcing servers slightly further away to see if they play any better for you.

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've mentioned what I recommend but take a look at this topic, there is a lot of discussion regarding people trying different prioritization settings so that may help you

I’ve done it and it’s much better now, how ever party chat or game chat isn’t working now, my friends can hear me, but I can’t hear them?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, rockstars_homework said:

I’ve done it and it’s much better now, how ever party chat or game chat isn’t working now, my friends can hear me, but I can’t hear them?

You'll need to add them to your allow list if you haven't done this already, you can see how to do this at the bottom of this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You'll need to add them to your allow list if you haven't done this already, you can see how to do this at the bottom of this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

hey yes they were allowed on it before.

i had to set the geo filter to wolrd wide and then change it back for some reason and then it started working.

one thing ive noticed is that the game as in the hit detection only seemed to be perfect for a handful of games and then it went back to how it was before, does this tend to happen?

• Administrators

Double check as if their IP has changed then you would need to add them again. Do you see anything blocked when you have the filter set normally and you try to join/invite to a party? There are lots of variables when it comes to online gaming and it won't be possible to get perfect games 100% of the time as there are variables out of your control. Best thing to do is find settings that work and then just leave them alone and continue playing, you should notice you get more good than bad games over a long period.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Double check as if their IP has changed then you would need to add them again. Do you see anything blocked when you have the filter set normally and you try to join/invite to a party? There are lots of variables when it comes to online gaming and it won't be possible to get perfect games 100% of the time as there are variables out of your control. Best thing to do is find settings that work and then just leave them alone and continue playing, you should notice you get more good than bad games over a long period.

I’ve just noticed that my NAT type has gone from open to Moderate after doing the traffic prioritization, how do I bring it back to open?

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, rockstars_homework said:

I’ve just noticed that my NAT type has gone from open to Moderate after doing the traffic prioritization, how do I bring it back to open?

It won't be because of Traffic Prioritization and if they have an open NAT they'll still be able to connect to you fine, only if they have a strict NAT would that be an issue. Take a look here for NAT: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open-nat