Devices not showing online, no network traffic, 5Ghz dropping.

Recently picked up an XR500. Last night, I noticed a few devices were online and being used (wired XB1 X, wireless LG OLED) and neither showed as online, nor in the traffic monitor. The total bandwidth numbers made sense, but the individual devices were not there. I read that a reboot of the router may fix the issue, so I did a remote reboot via the Nighthawk app. After reboot, 2-3 minutes in my phone started giving wrong password pop-up for 5Ghz only SSID. 2.4 worked fine. I pulled up the admin UI ad it showed 5Ghz active, but it wasn't in the device manager window. Nothing, and I usually have 5-6 devices on 5Ghz connected at a time. I hard rebooted twice from the router, same thing happened a few minutes after boot. Third time it seems OK, for now. Any thoughts what is going on / could have gone wrong?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Regarding the device manager issue it is something we're aware of and so will fix in the next version, if you downgrade to .40 or .32 then that should be resolved, I imagine the 5GHz issue was a one off as that doesn't really make much sense, I assume Smart Connect is off for WiFi?

If you have a Wi-fi monitoring program to look at your channels have it up and running and watch to see if the 5ghz channel comes and goes or when your device fails to connect see if it’s there. 

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Regarding the device manager issue it is something we're aware of and so will fix in the next version, if you downgrade to .40 or .32 then that should be resolved, I imagine the 5GHz issue was a one off as that doesn't really make much sense, I assume Smart Connect is off for WiFi?

Yes, it was really strange. It was like nothing could connect, but it was reporting as active. Smart Connect is off.

4 hours ago, Newfie said:

If you have a Wi-fi monitoring program to look at your channels have it up and running and watch to see if the 5ghz channel comes and goes or when your device fails to connect see if it’s there. 

I'll give that a shot if it happens again. Thanks!