XR300 latest firmware (1.0.3.38_10.3.30) breaks dumaOS description texts

Hi everyone,

I just got my self a new XR300 router and as recommended by the setup wizard I updated to the latest firmware available which is the 1.0.3.38_10.3.30.

After the update was complete I noticed that a lot of the dumaOS description texts were broken throughout several sections of the UI like the auto ping widget or the network map. I have attached several photos illustrating this issue for your convenience.

Screenshot 2020-01-04 at 10.19.24 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-01-04 at 10.20.11 AM.png

Screenshot_2020-01-04_at_10_20.36_AM.png

Screenshot 2020-01-04 at 10.20.47 AM.png

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This is an issue we're aware of so that will be fixed in the next version, I realise it isn't ideal but it won't interfere with the functionality of the router features.

Great news. Indeed it doesn't affect the functionality of the router, just degrades the monitoring user experience which is something that I can live with. 

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This is an issue we're aware of so that will be fixed in the next version, I realise it isn't ideal but it won't interfere with the functionality of the router features.

However just to make sure I get this right: The latest stable firmware for XR300 is the 1.0.3.38 and not the 1.0.3.34 that is listed in the "latest firmware" section of the forum right? 

On 1/4/2020 at 8:21 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi Fraser, 

Any news on when the next version is coming out then? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 4:43 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Unfortunately not, this is up to Netgear and I don't have any information on when they might decide to do this.

Ok so shall I do? open a ticket with Netgear for this one? Or can you please forward this question to them? 

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No need to create a ticket as that won't do anything, it won't speed up a firmware release. For now the only thing you can do unfortunately is wait.

I get that. What I am saying is that could you perhaps use your internal connections and find out if there is a plan for a software release any time soon?

• Administrators
11 hours ago, George said:

I get that. What I am saying is that could you perhaps use your internal connections and find out if there is a plan for a software release any time soon?

We can't give out any dates unfortunately as they're always subject to change, also NG don't tend to announce firmware updates prior to their release.