Adding Wireless Printer to Netduma R1 Network

Infoseye

Now that my r1 manages my devices connected to network, how do I add my wireless printer?

So my setup is Netduma R1--->BT Hub then all devices connected via wired.

So how do I add my wireless printer to Netduma so I could print, currently I unplug my pc network cable from netduma and into the BThub to print my documents I'm tired of doing that I'm pretty sure this can be done better on the netduma.

So are we talking about a USB printer that's using a BT Hub feature to print over network, or are we talking about an ethernet/wifi connected printer with network features?

I'm going to work on the assumption that we're talking about a printer with network features.

You need to connect the printer directly to the R1 over ethernet or Wifi, this may involve resetting the Network Settings on the printer itself. Obviously every type of printer will be different in this regard, but essentially the printer needs an IP address within the R1's DHCP pool. Setting the address as reserved once assigned would be ideal.

If you're talking about connecting a normal USB printer to a router that can adapt that into a network printer, the R1 can't do that. But you might be able to get around this by specifically adding the printer's IP address to your registered printers in Windows. It won't be automatically detected.

On 1/2/2020 at 11:47 AM, Netduma Alex said:

You need to connect the printer directly to the R1 over ethernet or Wifi, this may involve resetting the Network Settings on the printer itself. Obviously every type of printer will be different in this regard, but essentially the printer needs an IP address within the R1's DHCP pool. Setting the address as reserved once assigned would be ideal.

Its printer with usb and wifi feature I mainly use WIFI, normally I turn on the wifi on the printer and on the bt router I turn on the WPA it button then on winodws it installs.

I'm not quite sure how to go about it on the netduma, the printer brand is Canon MG3200 Series Printer

Ah yeah unfortunately the Netduma R1 doesn't have WPA.

Could you try accessing the printer's IP address from a browser and see if it has a web interface? You might be able to edit the wifi settings from there.