Best settings for a Person who lives alone

I live alone and this is my current setup.  I know everyone is different, but I'm looking to optimize my settings to its max potential.   I play Call of Duty, and I really don't have any issues or complaints connections when playing online, just trying to see if there is any wiggle room for improvement, to an already good connection. My ping usually hangs around 13ms-30ms. 

Equipment:

Netgear XR500

Spectrum Internet Provider w/ Spectrum 3.1 Modem 

Upload Speeds: 20Mb

Downloads: 480Mb

I live in Texas, so I keep my Geo-Filter radius only on the state of Texas which is at 395 miles or 636 Kilos.    

Traffic Prioritization box (DumaOS Classified Games) is checked.

I only have 6 items on my network Map (iPhone, Mac, Roku, Chromecast, PS4 PRO, Dell Laptop). 

IPv6 is disabled

When I play call of duty online I disable the Wifi so that the only things able to use bandwidth are the Mac with the DumaOS software open only to monitor ping, servers and my PS4 PRO. 

My questions are:

1) Do I still need to use the Anti-Bufferbloat bars? I currently put the Anti-buffer bloat at 70/70 when playing, and High Priority Traffic Detected is checked. If I set it to never and left it at 100/100 would it improve the ping or connection when playing Call of Duty?

2) I don't use it, but should I even use the Bandwidth Allocation flower?  If I unchecked the share excess in the Bandwidth Upload/Download options and put 95% of my bandwidth to the PS4 PRO and 5% to my Mac, would that improve my ping or connection on Call of Duty?

3) Should I port forward?  I currently use UPnP without Port Forwarding. 

4) Or should I just keep my current settings as is before I mess something up? lol.  

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks! 

9 hours ago, CryingSoidier said:

1) Do I still need to use the Anti-Bufferbloat bars? I currently put the Anti-buffer bloat at 70/70 when playing, and High Priority Traffic Detected is checked. If I set it to never and left it at 100/100 would it improve the ping or connection when playing Call of Duty?

Well with your current setup, you really don't need to use QoS since your PS4 is the only thing on the network.

The idea of Anti-Bufferbloat is that it balances the bandwidth usage of multiple devices on the network. Because of this, you shouldn't need to disable WiFi when you play Call Of Duty.

You won't get a better ping by increasing the anti-bufferbloat sliders, the only thing that will improve is your maximum bandwidth.

2) I don't use it, but should I even use the Bandwidth Allocation flower?  If I unchecked the share excess in the Bandwidth Upload/Download options and put 95% of my bandwidth to the PS4 PRO and 5% to my Mac, would that improve my ping or connection on Call of Duty?

Once again it wouldn't improve your connection with your current setup, but if you have all of your devices connected, it could help.

I would suggest enabling Share Excess and giving the PS4 100% of the bandwidth allocation. This should give the PS4 priority over the other devices while still allowing them to operate.

I usually don't recommend disabling Share Excess as it will just severely limit the bandwidth on most of your devices.

3) Should I port forward?  I currently use UPnP without Port Forwarding. 

Depends if you've got an Open NAT in game or not. If your NAT isn't open, port forwarding might be a good idea.

4) Or should I just keep my current settings as is before I mess something up? lol.  

Your current settings should be fine, it really depends if you can be bothered to disconnect wifi every time you want to play CoD. The router is designed in such a way that leaving all of your devices connected will not be a problem.

Guest Killhippie

Microwave and a meal for one? ;) as Alex says you really dont need QoS but you could leave it on (it is a bit broken) and run antibufferbloat at 99% always on tbh