Still the best router I’ve ever owned.

The DumaOS team takes a lot of rage.  Sure, some criticism is warranted.  But this router is still the best router I’ve ever owned.  A strong, robust signal.  Low ping in all of my games, almost never disconnects.  And yes, DumaOS could use some more timely updates.  It needs new profiles for games added.   And the Port Range Triggering interface needs reworked (guys I know it’s something Netgear designed but you really should insist on them upgrading it.  Please see how it works on a linksys router and you’ll see what I’m talking about).  But DumaOS is cool as hell.  I haven’t had a need to poke around in there much lately, but each time I do, it still feels special. 

The reality is, DumaOS saw a way to get their hard work into the spotlight by partnering with Netgear.  And yeah, Netgear does seem to hold them back at times.  And we all wish Duma had more say in the matter.  But this team, at the end of the day, has a nice product that they work hard on.   Wouldn’t you want that same chance to have your hard work used by as many people as possible?  

Thanks for putting up with our whining on here Duma team.  And keep up the good work.  

Guest Killhippie
5 hours ago, BeerOnTap said:

The DumaOS team takes a lot of rage.  Sure, some criticism is warranted.  But this router is still the best router I’ve ever owned.  A strong, robust signal.  Low ping in all of my games, almost never disconnects.  And yes, DumaOS could use some more timely updates.  It needs new profiles for games added.   And the Port Range Triggering interface needs reworked (guys I know it’s something Netgear designed but you really should insist on them upgrading it.  Please see how it works on a linksys router and you’ll see what I’m talking about).  But DumaOS is cool as hell.  I haven’t had a need to poke around in there much lately, but each time I do, it still feels special. 

The reality is, DumaOS saw a way to get their hard work into the spotlight by partnering with Netgear.  And yeah, Netgear does seem to hold them back at times.  And we all wish Duma had more say in the matter.  But this team, at the end of the day, has a nice product that they work hard on.   Wouldn’t you want that same chance to have your hard work used by as many people as possible?  

Thanks for putting up with our whining on here Duma team.  And keep up the good work.  

What makes you you think its okay to apologise for those that whine with genuine issues? Sure you like DumaOS and the router is the best in your view maybe but not everyone agrees though. It's always best to speak for yourself, not other people on mass. We all have different views, yes sing its praises that's fine, but do that for yourself as your voice is not that of all DumaOS users probably. Also to say  "Thanks for putting up with our whining" is a little patronising I find. I cant speak for anyone else of course though ;)

6 hours ago, BeerOnTap said:

Thanks a lot!

When I get overwhelmed with support requests, I try to remember that we have sold many many many XR500's, and the vast majority of customers never have a problem. This doesn't mean that the people who do have problems are just whining though, their criticisms are legitimate, and we're working to fix the bugs that exist.

That said, the reviews on Amazon (for example) are very high, and people are generally impressed with DumaOS, which of course we're very happy about. Hopefully people can see the vision behind DumaOS.

I'm also really excited about DumaOS 3.0. Every single one of those customers will be receiving a free update that vastly expands the capabilities of a product they already bought. How many times has a router more than doubled the amount of features it includes after it's already been purchased? It's gonna be awesome.

57 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

What makes you you think its okay to apologise for those that whine with genuine issues? Sure you like DumaOS and the router is the best in your view maybe but not everyone agrees though. It's always best to speak for yourself, not other people on mass. We all have different views, yes sing its praises that's fine, but do that for yourself as your voice is not that of all DumaOS users probably. Also to say  "Thanks for putting up with our whining" is a little patronising I find. I cant speak for anyone else of course though ;)

Yeah I agree. There are users who are experiencing issues with DumaOS and I don't want to just ignore them or pretend they don't exist.

9 hours ago, Killhippie said:

Show me where I “apologized for those that whine” (the words “Sorry” nor “Apologize” are nowhere in my post).   

Show me where I “spoke for other people on mass”. 

Show me where I “sang its praise for all users”. 

I said none of that.  Notice that I say “I” and “Me”.  I don’t say “We” nor “They”.

In fact, the only time I spoke on behalf of others is when I said “we all wish Duma had more say in the matter”.  And I think I was safe saying that, since I’ve seen that mentioned time and time again here.  It’s one of the key complaints I think we can all agree on, perhaps maybe even the Duma team themselves. 

The “thanks for putting up with our whining” was a light-hearted joke.  I’m sorry if you felt patronized by that.   Although it doesn’t surprise me, coming from someone who makes a major reach to try and turn my statements into something they’re clearly not.   

Guest Killhippie
18 hours ago, BeerOnTap said:

Show me where I “apologized for those that whine” (the words “Sorry” nor “Apologize” are nowhere in my post).   

Show me where I “spoke for other people on mass”. 

Show me where I “sang its praise for all users”. 

I said none of that.  Notice that I say “I” and “Me”.  I don’t say “We” nor “They”.

In fact, the only time I spoke on behalf of others is when I said “we all wish Duma had more say in the matter”.  And I think I was safe saying that, since I’ve seen that mentioned time and time again here.  It’s one of the key complaints I think we can all agree on, perhaps maybe even the Duma team themselves. 

The “thanks for putting up with our whining” was a light-hearted joke.  I’m sorry if you felt patronized by that.   Although it doesn’t surprise me, coming from someone who makes a major reach to try and turn my statements into something they’re clearly not.   

"Thanks for putting up with our whining" right about there! If you had said "Thanks for putting up with my whining" that would have been different. By saying 'our' you are implying your post is covering a group of people whining, by saying 'my' you are saying the post is just about yourself.