geo filter

secretface

So its been a while since I used my R1. Anyway I plugged it in and tried a few games of broken warfare and the geo filter doesn't show servers. Is that normal? Also the ping thing below that is blank as well. maybe this is normal? any help would work thanks. Oh I checked I am on the latest firmware.

That's normal if you haven't added your device to the Geo-Filter. 

Go to Device Manager, choose your current console and give it a unique name. Make sure it's the one currently listed as Online because wifi and ethernet will come up as seperate consoles.

Now go to Geo-Filter, remove all devices and add that console.

you are awesome and I am a Moron. LOL. how do you deal with us. Now does anyone have any good settings for MW so the game doesn't suck? I have gigabit fiber.

Thank You for your help Alex, is the software more or less the same on the netgear router? the something 500.

14 hours ago, secretface said:

you are awesome and I am a Moron. LOL. how do you deal with us. Now does anyone have any good settings for MW so the game doesn't suck? I have gigabit fiber.

Thank You for your help Alex, is the software more or less the same on the netgear router? the something 500.

No problem! In the future we might try and make it so that WiFi and Ethernet can be merged for one device, but it's tricky because the two adapters have different MAC addresses, which makes them appear as totally separate devices to the router. Can be confusing.

The software is largely similar between the R1 and the Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming routers. The Netgear routers have a different settings section which is provided by Netgear, but everything outside of the Settings section is essentially the same. The plan is to keep DumaOS the same no matter what device you're using it on.

The extra features on the XR700, for example Plex media server, are provided by Netgear as part of their settings section.