SH3 in router mode and XR500

DanologyUK

I've been struggling with this issue for a while and I hope someone clever will come along and correct this. 

I have Virgin Superhub 3 and a XR500. Because I want to use Thinkbroadband.com to monitor my connection, I need my SH3 in router mode. I don't want my SH3 to do anything else as I want my XR500 to handle everything. Whatever I try, I cant get the connection through my SH3 to my xr500. I've tried:

192.168.0.1 for SH3

192.168.1.1 for XR500

I've also tried 

192.168.0.1 for SH3

192.168.0.10 for XR500

What am I doing wrong? 

Thank you

The two devices need to be on a different subnet, so you should go with the first IP address setup that you listed above.

You need to connect one of the LAN ports on the SH3 to the WAN port on the XR500. It won't work if you connect LAN to LAN.

Turn off wifi on the SH3, unplug every device from LAN except the XR500.

Once that's set up, you might consider putting the XR500 into the DMZ of the SH3.

On 11/25/2019 at 1:49 PM, Netduma Alex said:

The two devices need to be on a different subnet, so you should go with the first IP address setup that you listed above.

You need to connect one of the LAN ports on the SH3 to the WAN port on the XR500. It won't work if you connect LAN to LAN.

Turn off wifi on the SH3, unplug every device from LAN except the XR500.

Once that's set up, you might consider putting the XR500 into the DMZ of the SH3.

That has worked perfectly! Thank you so much. It's was the LAN port on SH3 bit I was missing. Thanks Alex