Using xr300 on sky q fibre help

Hi guys, I'm looking into buying an XR300 to use with my Sky Q fibre connection, I've searched the forums and internet and cant seem to find an answer. From what I can understand, the xr300 has no modem so would require piggybacking from my Sky Q hub? Apparently the Q hub doesnt have a modem only mode, am I going to be running into issues like double NAT and so on, and will the DumaOS features be limited/negated if I'm bridging from the Q hub? Like will geofiltering and QoS etc still work? (main reason I'm interested is for gaming features obviously, the Q hub has no QoS settings and is quite basic software wise). Would appreciate any input, obviously don't want to spend the money and wind up disappointed when it doesn't work at all, or barely. Thanks in advance guys, I did consider an R1 but the wifi is too poor for the rest of the family using netflix etc for me to justify it, I need the 5Ghz lol.

Welcome to the forum!

You're right, the XR300 doesn't contain a modem, so you'd need to connect it downstream of your Sky Q Hub.

You don't necessarily need a modem only mode in order to use the XR300, another solution would be to put the XR300's WAN IP into the DMZ of the Sky Q Hub. This would avoid a Double-NAT situation. So take a look at your Sky Q Hub's settings page and see if there is a DMZ option.

One warning though: The QoS functionality of the XR300 will not work reliably if there is traffic going through the Sky Q Hub which isn't coming from the XR300. I imagine that Sky Q streaming traffic has to be sent through the Sky Q Hub.

Thanks for replying Alex. I only use the Q hub for wireless and LAN networking, am I correct in thinking if I just run the xr300 router through the Q hub in DMZ as you said, and then run all wifi and lan connections through the xr300 whilst disabling wifi on the Q hub this should negate this being an issue? Or will it be impossible to run it this way because the Q will be still supplying DCHP? Thanks again for the help

Yes, as long as every device is going through the XR300 you should have no problems.

By putting the XR300 into the DMZ of the Sky Q Hub, you're essentially bypassing it entirely.

I mean it wouldn't be the end of the world if some devices were going through the Sky Q Hub, it's just that DumaOS wouldn't be able to see them or balance their bandwidth usage.