NetDuma R1 Stopped Working

Grafight

Hi,

I've got a NetDuma R1 with DumaOS which I have had for several years and been satisfied with. However recently after a power cut at our home (and even though it's plugged into a surge protector) the R1 stopped working.

Now when you turn it on all that happens is that the PWR light on the back flashes green continuously. There is no beep when you turn the R1 on and none of the Ethernet or other LEDs light up.

When connected to a PC, the R1 is unresponsive and does not assign IP addresses.

Please can you advise? I'd love to get the R1 repaired as I'm keen to avoid creating more e-waste.

Thanks 🙂

• Administrators

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. There are only two things I could suggest at the moment: Have you got another power adapter with similar voltage that you could try with? Either way if it's not working then leave the router unplugged fully for 24 hours as it can sometimes help with issues like this.

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. There are only two things I could suggest at the moment: Have you got another power adapter with similar voltage that you could try with? Either way if it's not working then leave the router unplugged fully for 24 hours as it can sometimes help with issues like this.

Hi Fraser - I just wanted to say thanks! Trying a different power adapter (from an old BT Hub router) works perfectly and there does not appear to be any damage to the NetDuma - I'm logged into the OS and using the router now to post this 🙂

Now to figure out the ideal settings for CODMW. Thanks again, keep up the great work.