XR700 Bandwidth, WiFi stability

I’m XR700 user from about 1 year (earlier XR500) and have two main problems

1.       1. Sometimes I see information on my Android device: “Network stop working” but connection is OK for example on YT. I think it’s WiFi problem not Internet connection. I’m a bit worried about it.

2.       2. QoS > Bandwidth Allocation – Hard to set value to 0%.This settings live its own lives. Second – if I set one device (PS4) to 20-25% and power on PS4 rest of devices lose WiFi connection. I set up QoS (Anti-Bufferbloat, bandwidth) options referring to instructions and many advices on forums, YT and Internet.

Any help?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Where exactly do you see that message? Is it just a notification from the phone itself? How quickly does it resolve itself? YT might not immediately cut out if it has buffered ahead of where you are on the video. When it happens quickly check internet access on another app for example.

Setting a devices bandwidth allocation will automatically adjust the other devices accordingly. If you click the device on the list on Bandwidth Allocation then it'll open a popup window where you can enter the bandwidth manually.

Have you got Share Excess disabled on Bandwidth Allocation? What is your total bandwidth? Could you provide a screenshot of the entire QoS page please?

Hi, I'm happy to be here :).

On 11/7/2019 at 7:30 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Where exactly do you see that message? Is it just a notification from the phone itself? How quickly does it resolve itself?

It usually occurs when I watch YT app and disappears quickly. In this moment WiFi name under icon on phone status bar disappears too (WiFi disconnecting?) for a second.

Setting a devices bandwidth allocation will automatically adjust the other devices accordingly. If you click the device on the list on Bandwidth Allocation then it'll open a popup window where you can enter the bandwidth manually.

Have you got Share Excess disabled on Bandwidth Allocation? What is your total bandwidth?

After change the bandwidth allocation manually to one of device the rest of devices change the “ba” settings automatically. I tried with or without Share Excess. I changed settings manually

for several foreign devices to 0%, save one by one and Update Distribution (or without “UD”). Then if I choose this devices the value is 0%-2% (it’s about 0.5-3Mbps but not 0Mbps…) even with Share Excess disabled. My bandwidth is 100/100Mbi/s and “Enable SSID broadcast” is disabled.
This solution doesn’t work for me so I suggested to white list implementation a few days ago :).

Could you provide a screenshot of the entire QoS page please? 

Yesterday I did a factory reset. I had a hew issues to resolve after firmware upgrade (v.1.0.1.20). Only my devices are shown in a network environment now but before factory reset I’ve seen several extra devices like Bravia TV (my neighbor’s SONY TV), many Android and iOS devices in Device Manager which are not mine. After reset it looks like OK. Hope it solves my problems and a white list will not be necessary. So thank you for your time.