Geo Filter - Game Profiles

Hi - have been using a XR300 for about a week with a Virgin UK connection and thinks its fantastic.

Just one quick question really - I play a bit of Battlefield on PS4 and had just been setting it up in the Geo Filter with a radius that broadly covered all of Europe.  Then I found the Battlefield profile which looks like it encompasses the whole globe - is that right or is it just that the profile ignore the distance controls in the Geo-filter? Just trying to figure out which is best for me.

Welcome to the forums!

The Battlefield profile was set up a few years ago, based on the fact that you can choose a server within Battlefield games. At least you could when we set the profile up.

In the latest Battlefield, if it's possible to choose which server you connect to in game, then there's no point even using Geo-Filter. If however you're getting put into random servers through matchmaking, then you should set your radius as you normally would around Europe.

3 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Welcome to the forums!

The Battlefield profile was set up a few years ago, based on the fact that you can choose a server within Battlefield games. At least you could when we set the profile up.

In the latest Battlefield, if it's possible to choose which server you connect to in game, then there's no point even using Geo-Filter. If however you're getting put into random servers through matchmaking, then you should set your radius as you normally would around Europe.

Excellent. Thank you. Will stick to normal radius setting then. Cheers :)