Cant put these specific ranges in ports? Help anyone?

Hey I am trying to put these specific ports in that conttain ranges and it keeps saying it is against the rules of the router to put these ranges I have no idea why,
I am trying to put 10000-20000 

and 10000-10099 but it says it is agaisnt the rules to put it like that but i was able to do 3478-3479. If anyone can help how to input the ranges I need would be great , thanks so much for your time

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

If you're doing two separate rules 10000-20000 and then 10000-10099 then it's because the last rule isn't necessary as that is covered by the first port range. Are you doing port forwarding or Traffic Prioritization? I would make sure you know exactly what you need and why otherwise you may end up using too many ports.

44 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

If you're doing two separate rules 10000-20000 and then 10000-10099 then it's because the last rule isn't necessary as that is covered by the first port range. Are you doing port forwarding or Traffic Prioritization? I would make sure you know exactly what you need and why otherwise you may end up using too many ports.

I am doing portforwading for fifa 20 on my xr500 nighthawk. I need to put those 2 different port ranges in but Like I said it says it doesnt allow it but it allowed the other one I mentioned in my firs tpost. ITs portforwarding, I already have my traffic pritotirized in the GEO section. Btw this is off topic, but all of a suddden my Geo filter doesnt really work? when I log into a game I cant see where the server is on the map and it was telling me where it was everytime before and showing me my ping host telling me what my ping was in the game but not anymore? is it because i put ports in?

• Administrators

As I mentioned, the second rule you're trying to make has already been done with the 10000-20000 rule so theres no need for that second rule. Could you provide a full screenshot of the Geo-Filter please and we can take a look. Also you may give yourself more issues if you do a big range when only a few ports may be needed. What platform/console are you playing on as it seems you may be trying to enter ports for two different platforms https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/#fifa

I just figured out the problem ,  I had ports already for 17502-17503 thats why 10000-20000 wasnt working, so i just did two different ones of 10000-17502 then i did 17504-20000 works now so sorry to bother but yeah my geo filter isnt working anymore for some reason? I have my ps4 now manually reserved as a aadresss so i can put theese ports in and now I never see the serve i used to be connceting to or the ping of the game im in. Taking a pic of the geo filter i dont think would matter because what do you need to see?

• Administrators

Could you provide the total list of the port forwarding rules you've done please? Also do you need to do port forwarding - do you have a strict/moderate NAT? If not then I would suggest just using UPnP. A full screenshot will allow us to see if any settings there are causing you not to see anything on the map. You've set a reserved IP for the console so have you double checked you have the correct device added to the Geo-Filter? You may need to remove it and re-add the correct device on the Geo-Filter page.

Service Name External Ports Internal Ports Internal IP 
fifa2 17503 17503 192.168.1.2
fifa3 17504 17504 192.168.1.2
fifa5 80 80 192.168.1.2
fifa6 443 443 192.168.1.2
fifa7 9988 9988 192.168.1.2
fifa8 42120 42120 192.168.1.2
fifa9 42210 42210 192.168.1.2
fifa10 42230 42230 192.168.1.2
fifa11 44125 44125 192.168.1.2
fifa12 44225 44225 192.168.1.2
fifa13 44325 44325 192.168.1.2
fifa14 3074 3074 192.168.1.2
fifa15 3478-3479 3478-3479 192.168.1.2
fifa16 3478-3480 3478-3480 192.168.1.2
fifa1 3659 3659 192.168.1.2
fifa17 6000 6000 192.168.1.2
fifa18 1935 1935 192.168.1.2
fifa20 42127 42127 192.168.1.2
fifa4 10000-17502 10000-17502 192.168.1.2
fifa21 17505-20000 17505-20000 192.168.1.2
Edited by Netduma Alex
improved formatting

IDK why my screen shots arent working i will get one for you shortly but if you just highlight what I just posted before this you can see it, I copy and pasted the numbers from my router settings into the last post but you gotta just go over the mouse and highlight my post for you to see them I know its wierd sorrry il get the pics soon but for now at least you can see all the ports i have its about 20 diffferent ones for fifa 20. thats what they told me to input.

Just checked and deleted my console added to my geo filter and re added it, still nothing. I have no idea why i cant see which server i am connecting to anymore and i cant see the ping thats happening in game. no clue. BTW I have my UNP on as well. I have one quick question as well. in my traffic pritiziaion in the QOS. I just want my playstation to have the best connection possible. So its there, but also there is all games console on top of it, do you suggest because i dont care about anything else in the house, do you suggest just disabling the all games console one and just have my playstaion be the only one? let me know, btw thanks for your time 

• Administrators

Thanks for that, it's a lot of rules. In future you could create some more ranges so you don't need to make as many rules. They also may not use the same port for inbound and outbound. Are you just port forwarding to try and get a good connection or do you have a moderate/strict connection. It is generally a lot better/easier to use UPnP, having port forwarding and UPnP on may cause port conflicts.

So you've confirmed the IP showing on the console network settings is the same as on the device manager? Has it been given the PlayStation device type in the Device Manager?

1. Completely turn off the console
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Flush the cloud in the Geo-Filter Map options (if you get a took too long message just wait 1 minute and then refresh the page)
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with Filtering Mode
  5. Select the settings you want but have the map fully zoomed out
  6. Turn on the console
  7. Boot up the game
  8. See if the Geo-Filter appears to work properly then

Also please disable IPv6 and that will allow QoS to work better.

its just so i can get better connection in my fifa 20 game play, i have nat type 2 regardless. I know its alot of rules but i need to fix my input delay in this game somehow i always get it. wow so you think i should disable ipv6? I have it on auto detect but okay I will disable it and im gonna try those settings for the geo filter, very wierd for it to not work anymore. il try and give you update again, thanks so much for your time brother i appreciate it so much , btw sso you think i should turn off UNP if i have all these ports?

• Administrators

Okay in that case port forwarding probably won't make much of a difference but it's worth a try. If you're not worried about other devices then you could disable UPnP and see what it's like but if there is no difference I would go back to UPnP without port forwarding. Yes please disable IPv6 as QoS won't be as effective with it enabled, that could also be a source of the issue you're facing and by disabling it may improve the experience. You're welcome, keep us updated!

• Administrators

Have any settings changed since it stopped working? I'm also interested in what you have at the top of the Geo-Filter page for devices. So you've confirmed the IP showing on the console network settings is the same as on the device manager? Has it been given the PlayStation device type in the Device Manager?

THIS is the thing....idk if I did this static IP adreesss thing right, all I did was put the IP adresss that my ps4 always had into the reservation place, is that a static IP adress? Because idk what else to do to get a static IP adress i just put my original IP adresss my ps4 had into the reservation and into my ports is there suppose to be another way of doing it? and yes checked the device manager they all have my ps4 Ip adress of 168.1.2 and it says playstation type. Did I do the static IP aress thingy right? Sorry for wasting your time

• Administrators

You did that right, I just wanted to check as a common reason that the Geo-Filter doesn't show any icons on the map is a wrong IP address. When you set the static IP was that when the PS4 was connected to wifi or ethernet and are you using the same connection method i.e. wifi or ethernet that you were when you set the static IP?

i dont have any other games haha sorry man. But yeah got no idea what to do. Do i Do anything with DMZ? My UNP is turned off at the moment becaucse you  told me it might mess up all those ports I have i just dont know what to do lol what do you suggest i do 

• Administrators

I think the best thing to do here since there have been quite a few setting changes is to do a factory reset from Settings > Administration > Backup Settings > Erase and start from scratch. Once you've got through the initial setup wizard just connect your PS4 to the router and add it to the Geo-Filter, do you see anything then?

okay i will factory reset it and let me know, i got a question about UNP what do u suggest best I do, keep the ports without UNP, Keep the ports WITH unp, OR no ports and just unP and i dont get the advertisment live periods in the UNP section mine is set to 30 and then 4. do i do anything wth that?