Allow and deny

Dave Masefield

• Administrators

Is it exactly the same or slightly different? Yes that would be a reason, the IDs would be different though. If it doesn't appear with the name of what you've blocked it as before then it will be different.

• Administrators

Doesn't appear like they've been blocked at all, you have definitely blocked this before now? I.e. you didn't block when put up against them and expect to be kicked immediately? Have you got the Geo-Filter in Filtering Mode?

• Administrators

I can see it but that doesn't indicate how long it's been blocked for, reason I ask is because if you block something it won't be blocked until that connection is severed e.g. 2 mins after the game has finished. Could you please do the following:

• Hard turn off console
  • Remove device for the Geo-Filter
  • Flush the cloud - wait until a minute after the too long message appears and refresh the page
  • Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  • Start up console and game

Then see if it blocks properly.

On 10/6/2019 at 3:56 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I can see it but that doesn't indicate how long it's been blocked for, reason I ask is because if you block something it won't be blocked until that connection is severed e.g. 2 mins after the game has finished. Could you please do the following:

• Hard turn off console
  • Flush the cloud - wait until a minute after the too long message appears and refresh the page

This seems to have sorted it bud. Thank you

On 10/6/2019 at 3:56 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

• Hard turn off console

It is happening again but with differnt people now. Does it forget that it has deny parameters after a certain period of time or something because it seems to be allowing players who have been denied after a few months.

• Administrators
On 10/13/2019 at 12:20 PM, Dave Masefield said:

It is happening again but with differnt people now. Does it forget that it has deny parameters after a certain period of time or something because it seems to be allowing players who have been denied after a few months.

No parameters on that, if it's after a few months then this seems more like their IP has changed - or is their ID and name the same on the Ping Panel?

• Administrators

Here's what I suggest:

1. Flush the cloud (if you get the 'too long' message wait a minute after it appears and then refresh the page). Do this while the console is completely off then try again.
  2. If that doesn't work then delete all your entries in Allow and Deny. I realise that is frustrating but if they're not working anyway then there is no reason to keep them. Then block as and when you come across those players you want to block. Once blocked, ensure that the connection to that player is completely severed. The easiest way to do that is once you leave the game wait 2 minutes or until the map is completely clear just to be sure.

The reason I suggested #2, as much of a pain as it is, is because there was an instance where old denied entries carried over from an old version (not necessarily a firmware version) didn't work on the new version and caused other rules not to work. So by starting fresh it may make the feature work again.

On 10/17/2019 at 9:39 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Here's what I suggest:

1. Flush the cloud (if you get the 'too long' message wait a minute after it appears and then refresh the page). Do this while the console is completely off then try again.
  2. If that doesn't work then delete all your entries in Allow and Deny. I realise that is frustrating but if they're not working anyway then there is no reason to keep them. Then block as and when you come across those players you want to block. Once blocked, ensure that the connection to that player is completely severed. The easiest way to do that is once you leave the game wait 2 minutes or until the map is completely clear just to be sure.

The reason I suggested #2, as much of a pain as it is, is because there was an instance where old denied entries carried over from an old version (not necessarily a firmware version) didn't work on the new version and caused other rules not to work. So by starting fresh it may make the feature work again.

I have done what you have advised. I'll let you know whether it happens again. Thank you