GeoFilter Map Behavior Characteristics

Hi, I've been loading games on my Xbox console and trying to analyze the behavior of the GeoFilter.  I set the map at 2.5x to see a full view of the world. I set a wide radius of about 1545 miles. I also set it to enforce my radius.  I loaded up popular (based on amount of players) games like CoD, Fortnite, Apex, Battlefield 5, PUB G, Overwatch, Rainbow Six and Forza. I loaded non popular games such as Ghost Recon, Fallout 76, and Halo 5.

I notice that games like CoD and Battlefield almost immediately populate the map with servers and peers all over the world but games that are open world maps like Ghost Recon and Fallout 76 would take a minute or two to populate with only servers  within my radius. Some games showed me as connected to a Microsoft server. Games like Rainbow, Overwatch, Ghost Recon andApex would almost never show Peers as opposed to CoD. I even tried using the Rainbow Profile for the GeoFilter but it only seems to alter the size of my radius.  Is it because of the way their servers is set up? Has anyone else had similar or better experience?

• Administrators

Yes this is due to how the game developers choose to set up their matchmaking. The Geo-Filter reports how the connections happen in real time using a world map view. Some games use exclusively servers spread out across the world, some just use a few in each region, some don't have servers, some used a mix of servers/player hosted games - it can vary quite a lot which is why we try to test each game. Not every game released will be instantly compatible and sometimes there are ones that just don't work, it's all due to how they choose to matchmake in their games.