Odd Packet Loss Hit Detection Issue in BO4 on PC

East

Hello,

I wanted to find a way to improve an oddity that I simply can't figure out. 

I get good hit detection in BO4.  However, for whatever reason it takes 1-3 extra bullets and I don't understand why that is happening.

It hasn't been bad for a while now (IE: shot 1st die 1st).  So hit detection has improved.  I've done a few things in troubleshooting the issue:

-re did the cabling in the house

-change modems

-made sure PC is properly rebooted

-made sure I'm on a 30ms or less ping dedicated server

-added ports to both port forward and Traffic Prioritization

-QOS at 70%

-Anti BuffferBloat set to Always and WHPTD

-Changed classification of the PC to Playstation then Xbox

Then I came across this youtube video that explains it exactly. So I'm  not the only one that experiences this.

Note: This video starts at the 17:00 minute mark.

(STRONG LANGUAGE, Not Suitable while Working with anything before 17:00 minute mark)

This video shows the use of a XR500 vs DD-WRT using Cake.

At 17:00 minute mark shows exactly what I'm experiencing.  And I don't know how to improve the hit rego.

I did some further researching and found that QOS does use both FQ_CoDel and CoDel.  It doesn't seem to change between classifications (PC, Playstation, Xbox). 

Any advice would be appreciated but I have to wonder if we will see Cake at some point and if we can choose between Cake, FQ_CoDel and CoDel?

• Administrators

If you've eliminated your local congestion and you've ensured you're getting a great ping server using the Geo-Filter then the router is working to give you the best connection. I would however advise that you experiment with the Anti-Bufferbloat percentage as 70% may not be the optimum level for your connection. Saturate your connection and try different percentages to see what lowers your ping the most, you can follow this guide to help you with that: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-diagnose-modem-internet-service-provider-issues/ 

For QoS we've created our own algorithm but it is possible that we'll give people the option to choose other algorithms in future but it's not our focus at the moment.

Ok, after following the guide it appears that hit rego actually got better!

I've played over 5 matches today and I can actually see my TTK actually decrease using the Cordite even at longer ranges. 

I can actually use the Cordite at med to long ranges with more confidence now.  I'm melting players!!!

That guide should be stick'ied somewhere.  If you follow it to the letter and adjust the sliders from 70% (either higher or lower) it does work.

I noticed better latency with a slightly higher %.  I have to keep an eye on it if XR find more devices though as it will reduce bandwidth accordingly.  But other then that.

Awesome stuff.