XR300 High priority traffic with LoL

Hi so, I've been using the XR300 for a while now and its helped fix my issues with ping spikes while others are watching netflix/youtube/anything really.. (even though this problem only just began in feburary and hasn't happened for the previous 3 years with this ISP with same speeds...), I've set everything up, 90% anti bufferbloat and assigned every device a suitable bandwidth with share excess off (Wish this option had an option to activate and start sharing again automatically if not gaming). Now everything worked perfect when I have buffer bloat set to "Always" but when I've tried to use "when high priority traffic detected" the High priority light only lights up while in the loading screen for League of Legends and it goes out when you actually load into the game... I've only used the DumaOS preset for League so far, Is there anything else I'd need to do?

Also is there any way currently to only limit bandwidth between devices while actually in game (automatically) or is it only the anti buffer bloat that gets affected by the "when high priority traffic detected".

Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like you might need to put some ports into the Traffic Prioritization advanced tab to get league working properly. This can usually be done by just looking up "<game name> port forwarding" on Google, and just use the same ports you would for port forwarding.

Your idea of having share excess or bandwidth allocation only activated when high priority traffic is detected is a pretty good one so i'll forward that to the developers.

• 4 months later...
17 hours ago, Maxmuller21 said:

unfortunately I had almost the same problem, but when I downloaded windows once again the priority on League of legends has ended and I had to try to play with serious bags and freezes...

You're getting freezes since you updated windows? Are you sure it's related to the router?

On 8/21/2019 at 12:19 PM, whysohate said:

Hi so, I've been using the XR300 for a while now and its helped fix my issues with ping spikes while others are watching netflix/youtube/anything really.. (even though this problem only just began in feburary and hasn't happened for the previous 3 years with this ISP with same speeds...), I've set everything up, 90% anti bufferbloat and assigned every device a suitable bandwidth with share excess off (Wish this option had an option to activate and start sharing again automatically if not gaming). Now everything worked perfect when I have buffer bloat set to "Always" but when I've tried to use "when high priority traffic detected" the High priority light only lights up while in the loading screen for League of Legends and it goes out when you actually load into the game... I've only used the DumaOS preset for League so far, Is there anything else I'd need to do?

Also is there any way currently to only limit bandwidth between devices while actually in game (automatically) or is it only the anti buffer bloat that gets affected by the "when high priority traffic detected".

XR300 High priority traffic detection seems to be completely broken on Consoles. Not sure about your case but perhaps its related? Here's the issue I have raised in case it helps 

• 6 months later...
Guest Killhippie
22 minutes ago, ScottPreot said:

yes...this problem with freezing does not lead to anything good. Although I wrote to the developers, they are silent. At least you gave good advice. Thanks

Netduma are the developers