best setting for streaming on twitch?

josh200505

hi, my connection is not good 10/1.5, so I wanna know whats the best set up in congestion control to avoid high latency and at the same time stream, I know the quality is not going to be in hd.. :)  70% upload and download?  any ideas?

Follow this wiki fior starters

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=fine_tune_netduma

Because your upload is on the lower side congestion control and device prioritization going to be your best friend.

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=cc_getting_started&s[]=streaming

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=cc_settings&s[]=streaming

• Netduma Staff

I'm not sure if you are using OBS to stream with but the OBS Estimator gives a good indication of the quality you can stream in. You should probably enter 800Kbps and then see what settings it shows to stream at. If you have congestion control set at 80% you should have just enough upload bandwidth to play the game too (400Kbps). To be honest it would probably be difficult to get good quality from the stream and for it to stay smooth without your game lagging.

You should also use the device prioritisation feature and give your console lots of bandwidth with share excess ticked. This means that your game will always have enough bandwidth but the stream may drop frames if there isn't enough bandwidth for it to stream with.

Hopefully that helps :)

I'm not sure if you are using OBS to stream with but the OBS Estimator gives a good indication of the quality you can stream in. You should probably enter 800Kbps and then see what settings it shows to stream at. If you have congestion control set at 80% you should have just enough upload bandwidth to play the game too (400Kbps). To be honest it would probably be difficult to get good quality from the stream and for it to stay smooth without your game lagging.

You should also use the device prioritisation feature and give your console lots of bandwidth with share excess ticked. This means that your game will always have enough bandwidth but the stream may drop frames if there isn't enough bandwidth for it to stream with.

Hopefully that helps :)

I,m using the PS4 internal software for streaming, not a capture card or a PC.

Can you choose the quality for streaming on the PS4?

yes please see below

Best High Medium Low Resolution 960x540 960x540 640x360 640x360 Average Bandwidth 1500kbps 1200kbps 860kbps 520kbps H.264 Video Main Level 3.1/CABAC/1 Ref Frame Main Level 3.1/CABAC/1 Ref Frame Main Level 3.0/CABAC/1 Ref Frame Main Level 3.0/CABAC/1 Ref Frame AAC Audio 64kbps 64kbps 32kbps 32kbps Frame-Rate 29.97fps 29.97fps 29.97fps 29.97fps

• Netduma Staff

yes please see below

Best High Medium Low Resolution 960x540 960x540 640x360 640x360 Average Bandwidth 1500kbps 1200kbps 860kbps 520kbps H.264 Video Main Level 3.1/CABAC/1 Ref Frame Main Level 3.1/CABAC/1 Ref Frame Main Level 3.0/CABAC/1 Ref Frame Main Level 3.0/CABAC/1 Ref Frame AAC Audio 64kbps 64kbps 32kbps 32kbps Frame-Rate 29.97fps 29.97fps 29.97fps 29.97fps

Ok - so you would have to set it quite low to be able to play and stream without lag :) I think it would probably be best to just experiment.

Archived