FIFA 19 GeoFilter

Hello, attached is a picture with my problem! I am trying to connect to fifa servers in America but instead it sends me to a Switzerland server which i get the symbol blocked server but it still only connects me to that. Anyone know whats wrong?

problem!.JPG

Make sure that you restart the game completely after changing Geo Filter settings. Make sure that any in-game settings regarding region are pointed towards America. Could you reupload the screenshot? Unfortunately I can't see it.

• 1 month later...

Hey how do you know which server you are connected to? I live in Canada/ Ontario and I just got the router still havent set it up yet but I dont want this problem happening to me. How do I know which server I am connected to? Also, I want my Geo to be maximum 500km radius for me or maybe max 1000km as I have had ping problems before and hoping this helps. Now Lets say one of the fifa servers are outside my radius is that a problem? or is that fine? If it is a problem what do I do? thanks

The server you're connected to is usually the biggest icon. The smaller icons are peers.

The FIFA servers that are required to run the game (the servers for login and purchases) are always whitelisted by default, so cannot be blocked. These servers won't affect your ping at all but they would potentially stop the game from working if blocked. This is why we permanently whitelist them.

If there was a necessary server that ended up being blocked for whatever reason, you could play a game with the Geo-Filter set to spectating mode, and you'd be able to see which server the game was connecting to while you were in the menus. You could then manually allow this server before putting the Geo-Filter back to filtering mode.