The power of the XR700 and feature request on next Router

Bdotson5

This buffer bloat test was done while two video streams were going on in the home, and a game was being downloaded on the Xbox One X.

With that said I purchased the Asus GT-AX11000 just to see how things compared. The XR700 was on sale also for $359.00, so I couldn't pass it up. The Asus delivered great pings, and ping plotter, but no Geo filter. The only thing I like was the dedicated gaming port, that prioritized all traffic for the device that was into it. So, a feature request is a 1gb gaming port for PCs or consoles so that device is always prioritized and wireless AX technology

bufferbloat+.png

• Administrators

QoS prioritizes the most important traffic and you can also edit this to prioritize other services/applications if you want to. I would also suggest you test QoS using this guide by saturating your connection and testing with different Anti-Bufferbloat percentages to find what lowers the ping as much as possible http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-diagnose-modem-internet-service-provider-issues

why, I am saying my buffer bloat is good at an A+ and my ping plotter is good?

Just highlighting how good the XR700 is when I am streaming videos and downloading a game, that is saturating the connection. Did you read the post?

• Administrators

Yes I did, I am suggesting that DSLReports is not a good measurement tool for bufferbloat. Also per your request a physical port wouldn't be required as you can achieve that using QoS but glad to hear you're having a good experience :)