Hybrid VPN/added clients/add service

Hi,

I have the Netgear XR500 with DumaOS and it is really good, like the GUI for working so well and smoothly. Now I have tried to activate the hybrid VPN and added some clients but is missing some applications to choose under "add service".

My Ipad is working great going trough the VPN but cant start Netflix or Viaplay apps. I live in Sweden and the VPN provider is in Sweden as well but dont work? Youtube and Chrome works great as they would usually too.

You have alot of games to choose to even tried on one of my sons computers where we could choose fortnite/cs:go under add service.

I forgot to explain that I choose "do not VPN these services" and then "add service".

image.png.eb9cd0f1b97d21f8b152a7a55d55fa29.png

Regards  

Hey,

So as i'm sure you understand, "Do not VPN these services" means that everything NOT specified will go through the VPN.

If an application isn't listed under ADD SERVICE, you can go to the Advanced tab and add some ports manually.

For example, I googled "ports for fortnite" and this came up (check screenshot)

So you'd press ADD SERVICE on the device with fortnite, you'd press Advanced, and you'd enter the ports as listed below. You might need to press ADD SERVICE multiple times to cover all of the ports!

Screenshot (10).png

Hi Alex,

Fortnite is no problem since that goes under "Unreal Engine", but I will check what ports Netflix/Viaplay use and try to add them. Didn´t think about that I could add ports manually too.

Thanks for fast reply on my question. :)

26 minutes ago, TurboFreak said:

Hi Alex,

Fortnite is no problem since that goes under "Unreal Engine", but I will check what ports Netflix/Viaplay use and try to add them. Didn´t think about that I could add ports manually too.

Thanks for fast reply on my question. :)

I have now googled on both and it seems like since they are streaming services you are not allowed to use their apps trough an VPN. 

Found an good answer on Netflix site,

image.png.b2ca6af4b1676ac03b7d3ef0bef4c1ae.png

So not much to do about that, thanks for the help anyway. :)

Oops. I guess they're wise to the whole VPN thing. I don't see what the problem is personally if you're still paying for their subscription but what do I know, i'm not a lawyer.