Geo-filter question

Hello all,

I'm not entirely sure if my geo-filter is working. Was wondering what I need to do to fix it. 

So when I'm searching for a game, all I see is one or 2 yellow triangles with exclamation points on there (which are servers outside of my range as I have come to understand). I was under the impression that once I connect to a game in advanced warfare, I would see a bunch of red circles and one large red circle pop up. That doesn't happen for me, all I see is what is attached to this post in the image. Any ideas? I followed the guide for the Public Call of Duty connection. 

Thanks, and let me know any other questions that need answered on my part. If it matters, I'm on firmware 1.03.4 and i use google chrome. I have turned off the xbox for a few moments and rebooted the router but that didn't help. 

post-2992-0-13594800-1436288107_thumb.png

• Administrators

Hey DrDusty, you need to ensure you select the Xbox Live PA service when you select your Xbox at the top, change it to this and you'll see them :) Also go to settings > miscellaneous and ensure auto and bleeding edge cloud is ticked and then apply it :) 

Hello all,

I'm not entirely sure if my geo-filter is working. Was wondering what I need to do to fix it. 

So when I'm searching for a game, all I see is one or 2 yellow triangles with exclamation points on there (which are servers outside of my range as I have come to understand). I was under the impression that once I connect to a game in advanced warfare, I would see a bunch of red circles and one large red circle pop up. That doesn't happen for me, all I see is what is attached to this post in the image. Any ideas? I followed the guide for the Public Call of Duty connection. 

Thanks, and let me know any other questions that need answered on my part. If it matters, I'm on firmware 1.03.4 and i use google chrome. I have turned off the xbox for a few moments and rebooted the router but that didn't help. 

I'm having the same issue. It started yesterday. I see no hosts anywhere. I'm using Google Chrome also, but I just thought of something while I was typing this. I did a factory reboot and that didn't help either. I'm on the newest firmware, but I do not have bleeding cloud ticked.

Hey DrDusty, you need to ensure you select the Xbox Live PA service when you select your Xbox at the top, change it to this and you'll see them :) Also go to settings > miscellaneous and ensure auto and bleeding edge cloud is ticked and then apply it :)

Xbox Live PA is ticked. I'll do the bleeding edge tick and see what happens when I get back from lunch. Thanks for the prompt response. 

• Administrators

Xbox Live PA is ticked. I'll do the bleeding edge tick and see what happens when I get back from lunch. Thanks for the prompt response. 

Not ticked, It needs to be selected when you choose the Xbox as in that photo TCP:80 is selected instead. 

Not ticked, It needs to be selected when you choose the Xbox as in that photo TCP:80 is selected instead. 

It was but for some reason didn't go through. I would hit xbox live pa but it would stay tcp80, but it says xbox live pa now on my screen. I think it's fixed now. 

What are the symbols that look like nukes? And the larger cicles that have gaps in the lines?

Awesome! Those are hosts found by ping assist, the nuke one is a dormant ping assist host and the other is a ping assist host :)

Awesome, thanks for the info. Alrighty, I think all systems are a go. Enjoy the rest of your evening. 

• Administrators

You're very welcome! Awesome glad to hear that, thank you very much and you :) As this issue has been resolved I'll close the thread but please feel free to make a post for if you have any further issues. You could also make a post in introductions :)

Archived