PS4 Connection Issue, Please Help

So here's the deal. A few hours ago, I logged into my router settings and noticed I had 2 unfamiliar devices connected to my Netduma. All  it said was "nameless device", and I was unable to delete them. So naturally I did a reset, but they popped back up. I did another reset, AND rebooted the router within the Miscellaneous Settings. Still couldn't delete them. Finally, I decided to block them, then do another reset. This seemed to fix the issue, as they haven't popped back up again. But now I'm experiencing 2 problems that I never have before.

1. My PS4 will not connect to my Netduma AT ALL. Wired OR wireless. It's not even listed as a named device anymore. Now it's just a "nameless device" with what seems to be a different IP. Which annoys me because that means all of my settings for it are gone. I continually get the error message "Cannot connect to the server within the time limit" whenever I try to connect. I've tried everything. You name it, I've tried it. In order to make sure that it wasn't the PS4 or my internet, I decided to connect it straight to my modem, and it works fine. No issues. What's the deal?

2. Under the Device Manager screen within the router interface, I get the blue box error message claiming that I'm connected to a router instead of a modem, which has never happened before and isn't really true. Yes, it's one of those modem/router combos from AT&T, but I disabled "router mode" on it so it should be acting like just a modem, which it was doing for years. Now all of a sudden it's a router again? I haven't even been in the settings of the thing in years. That makes no sense.

I have no idea if these 2 problems are related, or what caused them, but I do know that I'm extremely frustrated with this and just want everything to be back like it was.

Also I have not updated to the new firmware, for what that's worth. I've had the Netduma for about 2 years now and have had very few issues, and none like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

5 hours ago, Landonio1 said:

1. My PS4 will not connect to my Netduma AT ALL. Wired OR wireless. It's not even listed as a named device anymore. Now it's just a "nameless device" with what seems to be a different IP. Which annoys me because that means all of my settings for it are gone. I continually get the error message "Cannot connect to the server within the time limit" whenever I try to connect. I've tried everything. You name it, I've tried it. In order to make sure that it wasn't the PS4 or my internet, I decided to connect it straight to my modem, and it works fine. No issues. What's the deal?

2. Under the Device Manager screen within the router interface, I get the blue box error message claiming that I'm connected to a router instead of a modem, which has never happened before and isn't really true. Yes, it's one of those modem/router combos from AT&T, but I disabled "router mode" on it so it should be acting like just a modem, which it was doing for years. Now all of a sudden it's a router again? I haven't even been in the settings of the thing in years. That makes no sense.

Hello Landonio1

1- if since you have blocked these devices, you do not have access to the internet on your PS4, it is because one of the devices that blocked was your PS4. Try to unlock a device first and try to see if it is solved, if not, try the second device that blocks.

2- Sometimes the Internet providers update their routers without the clients finding out, many times when they update they lose the saved configurations, check the router configuration of their provider and verify how it is.

• Administrators
On 3/31/2019 at 10:36 AM, titofuenla said:

Hello Landonio1

1- if since you have blocked these devices, you do not have access to the internet on your PS4, it is because one of the devices that blocked was your PS4. Try to unlock a device first and try to see if it is solved, if not, try the second device that blocks.

2- Sometimes the Internet providers update their routers without the clients finding out, many times when they update they lose the saved configurations, check the router configuration of their provider and verify how it is.

Please follow this great advice. Also, when you click on a device, even an unnamed one, you can rename it and give a device type. I recommend you do this. You should be able to see the IP address of the device on the Device manager, which will help you to then figure out which one it is by looking on the device itself e.g. in the PS4 network settings section