red circles dots during game

bagsta69

Hi yall, I know I should really know this already but I just want it clarifying please.

When I go to join a game little red dots appear inside my geo filter, these are possible hosts for my game with the big red circle typically being the host, just as the game starts this will 99.999999% of the time switch to a dedicated server and the game gets underway with the host visible as a big red circle.

As the game continues the red dots remain within my geo filter so am I safe to assume that these are other players in my lobby or are these just possible hosts? Does everybody in my lobby appear on the map or not?

The only reason I ask is that my R1 puts me in low ping lobbies etc which is fantastic but I am aware that it is MY CONNECTION TO HOST that is low ping and other people with high ping to host can also join that lobby which in turn can impact on my game. However I have never seen another dot outside of my geo filter during game.

Thanks in advance for any replies if any of the above makes sense.

Happy Hunting.

Cheers.

hi bagsta, as far as I understand it the red dots are possible hosts only. The geofilter map doesn't show who is connected and playing in your game. But I am also curious to see someone confirm this. 

Thanks for that, its a bit confusing with the average ping stats etc as the R1 appears to be able to ping other players in the lobby and let you see their ping stats but they dont show up on the map unless they are host!!!!!

Archived