Cant find any lobbies....

bbursley

Not really sure why, but I just used this setup a second ago and was getting a dedicated server right at North Carolina and not having any troubles finding games. I noticed that my nat type was moderate, so i rebooted the router with upnp off. I reset my console and voila, open nat type. Only issue now is no matter if i boot the game with this off, or boot the game with this on I cannot find a single lobby at all...I really dont get it. Now I have an open nat and cant find anything.

image.thumb.png.96cb909bfb3095d532a5a9a7d02cb2e5.png

Same settings, only I turned strict mode off.... and this is what I get...lol....However with strict off or on I can see all the dedicated servers upon loading up the game. In this case its BO3. But literally 1 hour ago I was finding games on a Dedi right here...I dont get it.

image.thumb.png.b634b0fa224b45891d5744e31fda897e.png

As you see, It just gives me a peer, even though I know theres a dedicated server right at NC.

image.thumb.png.97c235a9f4ae78751cb7fcbbd1aa2f63.png

left lobby and came back and now i get this...left settings open as proof that strict and P/A are definitely broken.

image.thumb.png.78d05a6c230fe773c5019c0a3a15b062.png

😮🤷‍♂️

I dont even know what this is....a dedicated server that clearly shows as not being able to be the host IS the host....

image.thumb.png.c880b10106d178ee7091fdecb1766b21.png

still broken...

image.thumb.png.e2eff96d549c027705acfbb1f6d88a80.png

• Administrators

Your Geo-Filter is certainly behaving very weirdly. Here's what I'd like you to do so we can rule out any weird artefacts from the upgrade. Downgrade directly to the latest original firmware .6j then do a factory reset. Upgrade to the latest DumaOS without preserve settings ticked. Then once on DumaOS do a factory reset then get everything setup again and see how you get on please.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Your Geo-Filter is certainly behaving very weirdly. Here's what I'd like you to do so we can rule out any weird artefacts from the upgrade. Downgrade directly to the latest original firmware .6j then do a factory reset. Upgrade to the latest DumaOS without preserve settings ticked. Then once on DumaOS do a factory reset then get everything setup again and see how you get on please.

Alright, I feel as if I have done that many times already though. But it is weird, I actually watch this guy on twitch who has the R1 as well (DumaOS too) and even he has ZERO issues with it, every game he plays is a beautiful connection. Granted, he is in virginia and im in maine so that doesnt say much. Also he could have fiber or something better than what I have, so results are going to vary I suppose. But whats weird is I did better against people when my NAT was moderate and not OPEN lol. I DM'd him on twitter and even he said we have legit like the same settings and hes confused as to why its not working as well for me. Again location and connection change a lot, thats the only thing I could come up with. Its also possible my geo is acting weird. But I cant deny that even the BB on DumaOS does seem better (from what I can remember thus far). I actually had a cable tech come out and he couldnt believe it when ping testing from the coax cable get got 45ms and from the router it was 25ms and hes like wtf....

• Administrators

Could you try one more time please and if it's still acting up I'll see if I can get a dev to debug. Sounds like from what you're saying that you're experiencing a bug specific to your connection that we've not seen before.