SKY FIBRE

I am thinking of replacing my netduma r1 with the xr500 as I beleive it supports dhcp option 61 for sky fibre users, can anyone from admin confirm this? If yes I have an hg612 Bt open reach modem that I will want to use in bridge/modem mode, will this setup be ok? 

5 hours ago, witton90 said:

I am thinking of replacing my netduma r1 with the xr500 as I beleive it supports dhcp option 61 for sky fibre users, can anyone from admin confirm this? If yes I have an hg612 Bt open reach modem that I will want to use in bridge/modem mode, will this setup be ok? 

Yes, the XR500 supports DHCP option 61, I am a fibre customer and runs fine. The only issue if you care at this moment the router doesn't support native IPv6, having to use a 6-to-4 tunnel to emulate IPv6 on my network. Just leave your BT openreach modem connected and just setup the router offline, but make sure you've downloaded the latest firmware beforehand off here and upgrade offline, as I had to do this.

1 hour ago, witton90 said:

This is brilliant thanks for reply will order :) when you say offline what do you mean by that?? Just connected from laptop to router (not connected to modem)

Sorry, let me elaborate I mean download the latest firmware for the XR500 while you currently have internet access. When the router arrives disconnect all your old router and switch it off apart from your Openreach modem, so you're still synced to the internet and doesn't cause a DLM reset on your line, switching it of and on the Openreach modem.

I had to do this prior downloading the XR500 latest firmware as when it's shipped it doesn't have the latest version, so you just power on your XR500, connect it to one laptop or PC, put your new password credentials for it, security question and you skip the part when it says "connect to the internet" you want to be looking for something that says "manually" set it up, this will gain you access to the GUI then you can upload the updated firmware to the XR500 and all that good stuff. Once it's updated just setup the DHCP options up and stuff, WiFi etc then you have done all that power the XR500 down > connect the Ethernet to the WAN port and switch on the router and all lights should be white, it takes awhile to iniate the connections but it will work if you've done it properly.

Latest FW is here: 

• 2 weeks later...