Qos and geofilter

dav581005

Is it correct that in order for qos to take effect you have to add your console to the geofilter cos if I add my ps4 to geofilter qos seems to work fine but if I remove it I am back up to full speed again and obviously full bufferbloat I know that putting geofilter in spectating mode is supposed to stop it from blocking servers but if I remove my console I get better results when matchmaking but with no qos if I have ps4 in spectating mode it takes ages to get a game and hit detection and lag comp are not good but ping is more stable due to qos working it's magic why can't these be separated also on original r1 firmware we were advised to disable deep packet inspection when on console but it is enabled by default on DumaOS with no way of disabling it

• Administrators

No they are separate features and therefore do not impact each other. What are your QoS/Geo-Filter settings? 

DPP on the original firmware was just for PC games for Host Analysis, disabling it meant enabling of higher speeds but it's not required to be disabled on DumaOS.

I have both upload and download at 60% and have it on always for testing purposes then on high traffic when done I have added my ps4 into geofilter and at the moment have it in spectating mode due to trying to play apex legends but struggling to connect if I remove my ps4 from geofilter it works straight away but with ps4 removed from geofilter my speeds are back up to full again using dsl reports

Now this is weird just done the testing again and now it's working with ps4 removed from geofilter only thing I did different was the order I tested in this with ps4 added first got results then removed ps4 and tested Again and now it's working fine sorry to have bothered you 

• Administrators

Yeah that makes sense, with Anti-bufferbloat set to When High Priority Traffic Detected it will throttle when the game is on and when off it'll be back to normal. Glad to hear it's working as expected now. We're testing Apex at the moment so recommend you don't filter it at the moment.