Would the geo filter help my connection in fut champs?

R.J.H1991

So I'm wanting to buy a netduma today but wondering if this will even help my situation.

I recently moved from the UK to Michigan, USA

My fut champs connections are very inconsistent and for the most part it just feels like I'm playing with a high ping. Perhaps I'm connecting to wrong server for my location? 😕

i guess my question is -- would the geo-filter definitely improve my situation ? 

I have 176mbps download and 13mbps upload on my xbox with a latency of 57. I play wired using a 50ft ethernet to connect to my comcast modem/router. I've forwarded all ports and disabled upnp

• Netduma Staff
9 hours ago, R.J.H1991 said:

So I'm wanting to buy a netduma today but wondering if this will even help my situation.

I recently moved from the UK to Michigan, USA

My fut champs connections are very inconsistent and for the most part it just feels like I'm playing with a high ping. Perhaps I'm connecting to wrong server for my location? 😕

i guess my question is -- would the geo-filter definitely improve my situation ? 

I have 176mbps download and 13mbps upload on my xbox with a latency of 57. I play wired using a 50ft ethernet to connect to my comcast modem/router. I've forwarded all ports and disabled upnp

Hi, welcome to the forum! Fifa is a tricky one, and each game mode works differently online. With Seasons it's simple; I think it's got a P2P element but at the very least it's better supported. The Geo-Filter should work like a charm in Seasons as far as I'm aware.

As for FUT, it's a different matter. That game mode is relying heavily on the EA dedicated servers (which at best are patchy, at worst are unplayable). The USA ones are located in Pennsylvania and California. You may be able to use the Geo-Filter to get the best of these two, but I wouldn't be surprised if FUT tried to connect you to the UK or something dumb.

The thing with FUT as well is that it'll boot you if you can't connect to the exact server it's trying to put you on. You should be able to use Ping Assist to get the best server in theory, but I don't want to promise anything. If you find that it's not working for you, you can always return the router within 14 days of receiving it for a refund. I hope this helps! :)