2 PS4's. One open NAT and one moderate NAT.

Codeman

As the title says. I'm trying to get the NAT type to open on BO4 on 2 PS4's. One is open and one is moderate. All settings on the router are default and I have upnp on. My Playstations are wired. I have no other routers connected to it. My cable is plugged into my modem, which doesn't have routing capabilities, my modem is connected to my Netduma, and my Playstations are connected to my Netduma. The odd thing is that each time I start BO4 new entries are added to the upnp by the Playstation with moderate NAT leading me to believe that the Playstation can't tell if the port is open.

• Administrators

Are both consoles open on the PS4 network settings? If so great it's likely the game. 

UPnP is usually the way to go for opening ports for multiple devices, if the moderate PS4 is getting ports opened then it could be the Geo-Filter blocking the connection for the NAT test. Doesn't mean it has a moderate NAT just that it can't test properly to show open. Disable Geo-Filter for both consoles then turn on consoles and see what it says

They are both open on the PS4 network settings. Geo-Filter is off since it is off by default and I literally just did a reset to factory defaults. I understand how UPnP works and it looks as if it is functioning correctly however BO4 doesn't appear to be detecting the port as open. Every time the game is restarted the Netduma creates a new entry for port 3074. Since the first PS4 has taken that port for both the internal and external, it creates a new entry with port 3074 as the internal but uses a random port as the external. I have had both of these games on open NAT before on both a dlink router and the Netduma with the original firmware so I assume it is Dumaos related.

I've actually already tried that as well unfortunately.

I have both PS4's with a static IP as well so that's not it either.

It just seems like the game is unable to tell that the port is open. One thing I have not tried is to eliminate the Netduma as the cause. I'll see if I can hook up the router that worked before to see if I get the same result. If I do perhaps it was some update to the game or something.

I tried so many got the same problems.

If me and my girl play bo4 i restart everthing.

Both ps4 has nat type 2 what is good.

But the first who start bo4 has open nat type in the game.

The 2e ps4 got moderate.

If  the second ps4 restarted the game she get strict in bo4.

I read something about that COD has problems with 2 ip's ps4. are playing on the same network external ip going 2 signals out.

Sorry for my bad english 

• 2 years later...

Personally fixed this issue setting up a secondary router to my first and connected the secondary playstation to that one while leaving the first playstation connected to the main router

I originally had 1 playstation reading nat type 3 (strict) and one reading nat type 2 (moderate) but now they are both type 1 (open) 

I am sure there are other solutions but I tried multiple ones and until i did the split was unsuccessful with any other solutions I could find online. 

Truly hope this helps anyone else with the same issue :)