PUBG Xbox Servers - Virginia

Chf Wiggum

So the only game I play at the moment is PUBG on XBOX.  Went back to the Netduma after nearly selling it. Hooked it up and it seems the only server I can connect to is located in Virginia. I even localized the Geo-Filter to a 50 mile radius around Virginia and it is literally the only way I can get into a game. If Virginia is not in the geo-filter the game times out and I cant get into a game period! I heard that the are on the Microsoft Azure network servers which has servers in Illinois and other locations. Any idea why I can only connect to this one server. Any suggestions? It is almost unplayable at times like I am shooting blanks. I don't get it. Is all PUBG servers running out of Amazon in Virginia? BS 

• Administrators

For Xbox it may currently be for players in your location. Certainly if that's what you are currently seeing on the Geo-Filter it would suggest that is what is happening. I think they usually have servers in Ohio too, but if you're only seeing Virginia then they have either disabled Ohio for the holiday period, or they just want to give you the Virginia server for some reason.

Might be worth asking on the PUBG forums too - your Geo-Filter settings sound fine so not much else we can suggest over here I'm afraid.

Thanks, Could it look like its connected to Virginia and really be somewhere else? How accurate is the location on the Geo-Filter. Would it ever look like its connected to Virginia but be at a different location. When it pings the server and it gives domain name, ping, tick rates etc. is there any way to take any of that information and see exact locations, or do more research on that particular server. I label them mark them as allowed but seems like every time it connects to a new server in the same location. Thanks for your help.  

• Administrators

Hi - it’s unlikely but it is possible. If you could collect a few of the host IDs and post them in here we can check for you that they’re correctly located (the ID is shown in the Ping Panel).