Saving device names

TurboBaron

Hi guys, I received my new R1 a couple of days ago and managed to install DumaOS with no issues.

I'm setting it up now to suit me and I'm renaming all of the devices it's found on the network.  I remember on the previous version of the software there was a step you had to follow to make sure the R1 remembers any names you've plugged in in case you need to reset it.  Is there a similar step you need to follow with DumaOS ?

• Administrators

Hi Baron - do you mean 'reset' in terms of a full factory reset, or just a reboot?

A full factory reset will wipe all saved names and revert back to their defaults whenever they are plugged in. A reboot will not alter your settings. There's no option to permanently save device names - hopefully you won't really need this because the router does a good job at detecting a device's name (better than on the original R1 firmware).

In case you're not sure how to change a device name, all you need to do is go to the Network Map on Device Manager, click on the circle of the device you want to rename and then rename in the panel that opens on the right hand side.

Hiya, I meant just doing a reboot. I seem to remember on the old OS that if you didn’t do it a particular way it would lose your device names.

To be honest my question is a bit redundant now because I’ve rebooted the R1 by unplugging it’s power cable (I was having issues not being able to access the GUI) and when I logged back into the GUI I could see that the devices I’d named were still there 😎