Internet connection issues

Dave Masefield

• Administrators

Hi Dave - how does it come back on? Do you just have to wait a bit or do you need to reset anything?

Do you ever hear the beep from the Netduma when it reboots?

The next time it happens, can you see if you can access the router interface. 

Thanks. 

Not sure if this is the same issue I was having after upgrading to the latest DumaOS, but while you're having the issue if you login to the router and go to Device Manager, change the view Options from Tree to Table, does Port 1 (PoE)'s Connection Status say Disconnected?

• Administrators

If your router is still accessible and no reboot is required, then it does sound more like a modem or an overall line issue.

The next time it happens, could you try to quickly get on your internet through the PC connected to your modem and confirm you’re online. Then connect your PC to your Netduma and try again. Then see if only the Netduma is offline 

On 12/9/2018 at 10:30 PM, Netduma Admin said:

If your router is still accessible and no reboot is required, then it does sound more like a modem or an overall line issue.

The next time it happens, could you try to quickly get on your internet through the PC connected to your modem and confirm you’re online. Then connect your PC to your Netduma and try again. Then see if only the Netduma is offline 

I have done this previously which is why I know my modem is fine.

• Administrators

Hi Dave - could you check again the next time it happens. Especially to see if you can still access the Netduma UI when it appears to be offline. If the UI is still accessible and you have Internet through your modem, then the problem might be with your Ethernet cable between your modem and your Netduma.