Settings profiles

Hey all, only been using the XR500 for a week or so now, but I find I typically turn off geofiltering and QOS after I’m done gaming. I know that it’s not entirely necessary as there is the option for “when high priority traffic detected”, but it makes me feel better knowing my gf won’t be slowed down if the Xbox is left on or something.

would it be possible to have easily selectable profiles to make switching easier so you’re not having to turn on/off or change settings? Just one tab where you select a preset profile and it applies changes.

additionally, a small thing, but it would be nice if there was a symbol key somewhere on or accessible from the geofilter page. Perhaps there is and I missed it.

• Netduma Staff
14 hours ago, Cypher13 said:

Hey all, only been using the XR500 for a week or so now, but I find I typically turn off geofiltering and QOS after I’m done gaming. I know that it’s not entirely necessary as there is the option for “when high priority traffic detected”, but it makes me feel better knowing my gf won’t be slowed down if the Xbox is left on or something.

would it be possible to have easily selectable profiles to make switching easier so you’re not having to turn on/off or change settings? Just one tab where you select a preset profile and it applies changes.

additionally, a small thing, but it would be nice if there was a symbol key somewhere on or accessible from the geofilter page. Perhaps there is and I missed it.

Hi Cypher - awesome feedback, thank you. I can't say whether profiles are planned, but I agree that this would be super useful. In my opinion, the automatic setting for Anti-Bufferbloat should do the trick though - it's pretty reliable. If you wanted to test how reliable it is you could look at the 'High Priority Traffic Detected' light on the QoS page and see when it turns on / off.

Having a Geo-Filter legend is a must, I'm hoping we're able to get one on the interface as soon as possible.