UPnP randomly started working... kind of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RL317

I decided to roll back to old pre-DumaOS firmware a couple of days ago because a thinkbroadband monitor was showing packet loss all day long, and I remember that never happened prior to upgrading. I ran another 24 hour test and the packet loss was gone except for when the router resynced after upgrading lol. I changed back and, since I forgot to check after going back to DumaOS, I went into network settings and went to turn off UPnP since it wasn't doing anything before. I had my PS4 and my phone's Remote Play app running, and this is what I saw when I went to turn UPnP off:

Screenshot_20181117-204748.thumb.png.4886f385e7939c18721de726c2128306.png

Very interesting - that's the first time I've seen anything appear there. However there's an issue. 9308 should always be there (it's a PSN constant) and 9304 is a Remote Play port used on the PS4's end, but I'm playing FIFA 19 and EA's port 3659 hasn't appeared... nor have the Remote Play ports the phone uses (9303, 9297 etc). 

Is UPnP only kicking in because I haven't set everything up for my PS4 yet? Since the upgrade I hadn't turned on the PS4 on, and I needed to change the PS4 settings anyway since they were manually entered to match the DHCP range (192.168.2.x, i.e. not the R1 default of 192.168.88.x) I was using before upgrading. As soon as I changed my PS4 setup to automatic to get a valid IP and therefore a connection, it reappeared on my device list and the UPnP page added those ports above. I don't have the PS4 added to the geofilter or traffic prioritisation yet... could that have somehow been the issue before? I'm not sure what to do now as I'm almost stuck in limbo - do I leave UPnP on wait to see if it finishes showing all ports that have been forwarded, or just turn it off and go back to manual forwarding? 

• Administrators

I dont think the Geo-Filter will have affected it so don't know why it's suddenly appearing, probably the changing of network to automatic kick started it. You could do port forwarding as well if you want to to include fifa though the console probably has an open NAT now