Nighthawk XR450 drops internet connection daily.

Hello Support team,

I am having issues with my Nighthawk XR450 dropping the internet connection daily for the 3rd day in a row. I have the Nighthawk connected directly to an Arris Surfboard SB 6190 and have all my devices connected to it directly through CAT 7 ethernet cables. Divices include older PC, PS4, and Amazon Fire TV, not to mention several wifi devices, mostly our 2 mobiles. Based upon some of the other support topics I'm wondering if it might be because I leave my PS4 in sleep mode and after reading other posts have learned that it maybe a common issue that might be resolved with a firmware update. If that is the case can someone please provide me with that firmware if not what might you suggest. My internet connection has been working fine when I connect directly to the modem. Thus far I have been disappointed with the router due too connectivity issues and lag, anything that you can suggest to help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Gman

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

In your situation it could be do to the Arris modem (as they've been known to have issues) or the existing issue. If you turn your PS4 fully instead of putting it in rest mode then that may resolve the issue. Regardless I've sent you a PM with firmware. 

Also I'd recommend you go through our optimal settings guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646