Deep Packet Inspection DumaOS

Hi Team,

Is there a way to disable deep packet inspection on DumaOS on R1 or xr500?

I feel that it's a massive part on my gameplay on PS4 console. I dont really need it when playing console right?

Are you guys going to add this option in the future? I do believe that dpi plays a major role for dumaos to pick up and sort what incoming packets are coming in. but tbh i dont really need all those system info of packet monitoring etc etc.

I need a simple consistent gameplay that can compete against other tryhards. I feel like dpi just adds that little extra unecessary processing of data that actually makes a difference of kill or be killed. idk what it is. on PC is ok because servers run on higher tickrates. But I'm on a console. stuck on a 60hz tickrate. Would be nice to have the option to disable any extra heavy processing from R1.

PS. I got DumaOS on r1 and xr500. both play about the same. original r1 firmware still more dominant in my experience. because I can tweak against lag comp. just my two cents

• Administrators

No there isn't currently. We did have the option in an early version but removed it so it's possible it could be re-added in future. The fact that the XR500 and the R1 play the same goes to show the DPI isn't affecting your game because the XR500 has significantly more powerful hardware so if DPI was a drain then it would play better than the R1 which has older hardware.

thanks for the reply fraser. yes but I'm not really comparing the r1 and xr500 at this point. im comparing that original r1 gave us more option to be able to tweak what works for our own connection having the option to disable dpi. and other features. But i get your perspective though. but I wasnt bashin dumaOS at all. just saying if we could get that full control over our router like the original r1 did will benefit everyone.