A few questions...

Nuschler22

First, can anyone recommend a video for this stuff? It's very intense to learn. 

How does peer ping work? What's the numbers on it {1-4)?

Sometimes it works and shows where I'm connected but most of the time it doesn't? 

Why do I get low pings on the router but I'm in games that are laggy that are consistently over 100 ms? 

Why can't I connect to servers?  

Which profile should I use? CoD or CoD ultimate? 

How do I favorite hosts? What does the allow/deny thing do? I cant seem to use it. 

• Netduma Staff
6 hours ago, Nuschler22 said:

First, can anyone recommend a video for this stuff? It's very intense to learn. 

How does peer ping work? What's the numbers on it {1-4)?

Sometimes it works and shows where I'm connected but most of the time it doesn't? 

Why do I get low pings on the router but I'm in games that are laggy that are consistently over 100 ms? 

Why can't I connect to servers?  

Which profile should I use? CoD or CoD ultimate? 

How do I favorite hosts? What does the allow/deny thing do? I cant seem to use it. 

The firmware you're on is pretty complex. I'd highly recommend upgrading to our new software suite, DumaOS. You can sign up to get it here: https://netduma.com/r1-dumaos/ (it's free of charge).

We designed DumaOS explicitly for ease of use, customisability and efficiency. I hope you find it to be a far greater experience!

If you'd like to stay on the old software let me know and I'll help you out.

Can't even answer one of these questions. 

Terrible business practice to suggest someone alleviate their issues by upgrading to beta software that specifically says to use at your own risk. 

It's pretty clear that you disregard all the posts in this forum regarding Black Ops 4 not working well with the new software.

Returning this and filing a report with the BBB. 

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, Nuschler22 said:

Can't even answer one of these questions. 

Terrible business practice to suggest someone alleviate their issues by upgrading to beta software that specifically says to use at your own risk. 

It's pretty clear that you disregard all the posts in this forum regarding Black Ops 4 not working well with the new software.

Returning this and filing a report with the BBB. 

Hm, okay then. I didn't think I'd get that response - I recommended DumaOS since it might not have some of the issues you're experiencing, and doesn't have features like Peer Ping or Profiles so the questions would be irrelevant. Still, if you'd like answers to each of those points about the old software I'll answer them below:

1; Peer Ping is built for games like Street Fighter V, not really Call of Duty. I'm not actually sure if it works in Call of Duty due to the nature of how it was built - Peer Ping is designed to show you your ping to 'peer' hosts when the game has multiple hosts. (Call of Duty never has more than one game host).

2; The primary issue with Black Ops 4 at this time is just that - not displaying hosts correctly. Now, that's partly because Treyarch have changed the usual connection method for Call of Duty in general. We're trying to ascertain what we can do on our end to alleviate the issue though. We've come up with an entirely new strategy for Ping Assist which functions differently to the old software, and we've designed it in the last few weeks specifically for Black Ops 4. It's undergoing intense testing at this time.

3; In-game pings account for input delay as well. This delay is unavoidable - nothing can mitigate this delay. At the same time, in-game ping readings are highly inaccurate compared to router ping readings (hence why it fluctuates so often). This isn't really anything to worry about - most hardcore gamers pay no notice of the in-game reading, instead relying on routers or external software to provide accurate results.

4; CoD Ultimate probably works better for Black Ops 4 at this time since Ping Assist is available on the old software. Give it a try.

5; To favourite a host on the old software, click on the host (largest circle on the map) and set the 'Quality' slider to 100%. Then click update. It's far easier on DumaOS - all you need to do is click on them and click 'Allow'.

I hope this helps! Again, if you really want to return your router, drop [email protected] an email. I think you'd be returning it for all the wrong reasons though - you've bought your router right in the middle of an ongoing issue with a brand new game and brand new software. It won't be this way forever.