How long will my Net Duma R1 gaming router last?

zombitroid

How long will it be before I have to replace my router? I used to have a router from my isp and after like 6 or 7 years it basically grew too old to use any more and I needed a new more modern one. How long will it be before I have to replace my net duma with a new model just because it is too old? Just curious. It seems like a sturdy piece of equipment, but I was looking at my net duma just now, and I just watched it as it was up and running, and asked my self "gosh how in the world does this thing run 24/7 365 days a year?" I mean it could over heat it could malfunction all matter of things could happen... Is this a valid concern?

Thanks.

Jeff

Well i dont know the proper facts but i have been around almost a year and i have not heard about any router failure. Yes some power adptors were replaced some one needed to place the router in different space as it was not geting enough air to circulate nad cool the board dwon. So yebs i keep mine nice and tide lost of room arpund it and its just fine. That is the hardware part. But if you take a look on the software part i dont think it will ever get old. The are working on the new things every months updates new features etc

Hey zombitroid,  You are covered by the Manufacturers warranty and Distance selling regulations.  As Lukasz mentioned, I too have yet to hear a confirmed report of a unit failing.  Appliances of this nature are designed to run for weeks/months on end and are rigorously tested before selling to the public.

Also, there is no guarantee of durability in law. What this means, is that there is no way to say that any machine should have operated for X number of months or years without breakdown and, in fact, no way to tell very often what the anticipated lifespan of any product should be.

Keep the unit ventilated, exercise common sense, as you do with any electrical appliance in your home and hopefully it will give you many years of gaming pleasure. :)

Archived