Traffic Prioritization

Trip

I am wondering if this is by design, flaw, or I am doing something wrong because I get 4063 bandwidth with the dumaos classified games enabled but my upload slider is set to a max of 3. When I disable the dumaos classified games then I get the correct bandwidth of 2581. The old firmware I put my console on the hyper traffic and it would still obeyed to my upload speed that I set on the slider. This new feature from what I can see ignores the upload speed I set.

5D686AF0-00E0-4CCC-A301-B13D0E1F1BF8.jpeg

C40F7B9F-6C94-4396-8B70-747E5542BEF1.jpeg

584B89CC-31DA-4DE1-9301-8EA2E657B103.jpeg

Okay that’s cool but how am I able to lower bandwidth for certain games and still have those game packets take priority over other devices in the network? I was able to do that on the old firmware. I sometimes get better results not using my full bandwidth on certain games.

• Administrators

How do you mean lower bandwidth for certain games? Theres no way to limit a specific game, only the console/device or all devices as a whole. You can throttle still but because games use so little bandwidth that won't really have an affect

Yeah I am able to throttle my console but it doesn’t work when the Traffic Prioritization detects my game. So, if that is how it is designed, then do I just give my console a bigger percent on the pie chart to get my console priority over other devices?

• Administrators

Traffic Prioritization will prioritize the game/console over everything else. Won't prioritize the speed test/downloads on the console though, if you want to give it more bandwidth over other devices you can use bandwidth allocation with share excess off.

On 30/10/2018 at 02:49, Trip said:

OK, c’est bien, mais comment puis-je réduire la bande passante de certains jeux tout en conservant la priorité sur ces paquets de jeux par rapport aux autres appareils du réseau? J'ai pu faire cela sur l'ancien firmware. J'obtiens parfois de meilleurs résultats en n'utilisant pas toute ma bande passante sur certains jeux.

décoche share excess download et upload et alloue une bande passante à la console.