Connecting thru Peers to Dedi?

TeslaDev

Is it possible Treyarch is using peers to relay our connection to a dedicated server?

I played several rounds of blackout tonight with a group of 4 and I kept getting peer hosts with a server outside my filter popping up consistently showing blocked.  When I'd get a dedicated server within my filter, no other servers showed up outside my range.  It's like the dedi used a peer but kept retrying to establish a connection to me.

I'm trying to pull in a friend with a duma to test the theory and see if he connects to a dedi with the geofilter out wide, and see if I get a peer with my filter in tight.

This would effectively negate the benefit of the geofilter if this is the case.

Not all servers are identified in the latest cloud release. What you can do to verify if it's a server is to copy and run a ip to geo tool to investigate.

Example:

Host Type    Peer
ID    b942d19cdf58252a
Domain Name    66-42-88-156.choopa.net

So we'll use 66.42.88.156

And then using a website such as https://www.iplocation.net/ we can enter that IP and return the following:

IP Address Country Region City
66.42.88.156 United States us.gif New Jersey Matawan
ISP Organization Latitude Longitude
Choopa, LLC GameServers.com 40.4148 -74.2296

So as you'll notice even though it's listed as a "Peer" connection, it's actually a hosted server.

Thanks for the Reply NetriX. I'll check that as well.

Just found it odd that the blocked server showed up whenever I was connected to a "peer", but didn't show up when I was connected to an identified dedicated server.

Hoping you're right though!