Internet speeds have dropped alot since R1 OS upgrade

swampdonkey77

Having upgraded in the open beta I've noticed my speeds have dropped from 200mb download to around 30mb, upload speeds dont seem to be affected.,All settings saved and carried over.

All speed tests done with speedtest on pc with bufferbloat on and off, when done on ps4 i was getting kbps although i know this is an unreliable test,

Advised by yourselves on twitter to downgrade, done this and it improved but still wasnt getting full speeds. Thought i broke it when couldn't log into interface after downgrade, didnt know to clear cache ( not very tech savvy ) thanks for help again. However this morning I've upgraded again and things are working how they should

I will keep an eye on it and report back if it happens again and thanks for the help

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, swampdonkey77 said:

Having upgraded in the open beta I've noticed my speeds have dropped from 200mb download to around 30mb, upload speeds dont seem to be affected.,All settings saved and carried over.

All speed tests done with speedtest on pc with bufferbloat on and off, when done on ps4 i was getting kbps although i know this is an unreliable test,

Advised by yourselves on twitter to downgrade, done this and it improved but still wasnt getting full speeds. Thought i broke it when couldn't log into interface after downgrade, didnt know to clear cache ( not very tech savvy ) thanks for help again. However this morning I've upgraded again and things are working how they should

I will keep an eye on it and report back if it happens again and thanks for the help

Hi, welcome to the forum! Ah so your speeds are back up? It seems like a phenomenon of upgrading then - it's possible that all it needed was a reboot or a factory reset. Keep an eye on it, but DumaOS is a solid piece of software, it should be more stable from here on out :)

Let us know if you have any other issues, we're always happy to help.