Cannot get open NAT on PC using R1 version 6J

Allanim

Hi guys thanks for your time. I first tried to enable Upnp reset my whole network boot up game and no ports open verify network and it says moderate in black ops 4. disabled upnp then manually port forwarded the ports listed on port forward.com 

• TCP: 3074,27014-27050
  • UDP: 3478,4379-4380,27000-27031,27036

reboot entire network turn off computer restart computer connect to multiplayer lobbies and still a moderate nat. is there something I am doing wrong or forgetting to do? Ive owned my R1 since black ops 3 days I have never had a problem with getting an open nat by using either method. Thank you again for listening hopefully someone can help point me in the right direction towards solving this.

Allanim

• Administrators

Does the console show an open NAT? If so disable the Geo-Filter before you boot up the game, does it show open then? If so then it will just be a misreading caused by the Geo-Filter and will actually be open so you can enable again and not worry if it says moderate any more. If not then you have all the ports opened so unless you have a router above the R1 that is causing some issues (if you do it should be in modem mode or the R1 WAN IP should be in its DMZ) I would think that the game is just reading it incorrectly as the console has an open NAT.

booting up without the geo filter on is not helping. I also notice that if I turn on upnp no ports appear to open at all. in game block ops 4 menu on PC is showing moderate nat type says to open 3074 which should be open. let me know if i can do anything to help.

Thanks

You can try this, though meant for two or more game consoles/PC with same game, Enable uPnP. Disable ALL port forward configurations. Set a IP address reservation for the PC ON the router. Set NAT Filter to OPEN and save setting and reboot the router and PC.

that actually did something because now under UPNP it says 

DemonwarePortMapping 3074 3074

but when testing network in game menu on computer in black ops 4 it says moderate and says it still wants me to open port 3074?

Did you power or reboot the PC and or maybe disable the NIC on the PC for 1 minute, exit the game, then re-enable the NIC, re-start the game and test? Seems like the game isn't seeing the change and needs it's cache cleared...

shutdown and restarted pc port 3074 is still showing open on netduma r1 interface but in game still showing moderate and saying to open the port. I do not have another router. I have taken my comcast gateway and put it into bridge mode so there is only my r1 connected by hardwire to it. im so confused as to why this is happening.

You might try putting the ISP modem back into gateway mode and use it's DMZ for the R1. Other than this, the game maybe not reading the port correctly. BO games have always been finicky when it comes to NAT and router configurations. I tend to not relay upon the in game status for NAT sometimes. The most important status is the one on the router and on the PC. However I don't game with PCs for XBOX games so this differs from the xbox console, where there is NAT status on the dashboard under networking settings. This is important to see on the console. If NAT is open here then it should be in game, however they can be problematic in this regard. You might contact the game Mfr and see if there is any information on this or input they might have. Tell them you've done it all and the game reports moderate. 

Try a different game if you have one and check status...same thing?