This site can't be reached error

TurboBaron

Hi guys, I followed the instructions up to step 7 and kicked off the upgrade.  I've waited for around ten mins and nothing seems to be happening.  If I try to access the R1 by typing it's IP into a new tab in my browser I get a "Site can't be reached error".  So I'm a bit stuck, what should I do ?  I still have internet connectivity on the laptop that's connected to the R1 (via ethernet cable into port 5).

Also this is probably unrelated but I noticed today that port 3 on my R1 seems to be dead ?

OK so I've been able to suss out the IP for the router (I think my browser was picking up something different which is odd).  Anyway, using the IP address I've been able to get it to prompt me to plug in the user ID and password (which appear to have reset to what was in the email about the beta being available to download). So it's now trying to load the dashboard but just seems to be stuck on the swirling loading icon ?

• Administrators

The username/password should be admin/password unless you already had one setup on the previous firmware and preserved settings. To input the password again open the page in an incognito window, does it load then after logging in?

Hiya Fraser, yeah the username and password seem to be working ok and it's trying to load the dashboard but just seems to be taking an age to do it.  I was basically just sitting looking at the little loading animation.

24 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You might need to clear your cache and cookies again, can you try that again and see if it works please. It might then be slow to load the first time but after that will be faster.

I'll give it a try and report back shortly.