DHCP Lease Help

Hello. I'm having input lag issues with DHCP Lease and I'm trying to play around with it. I have it both enabled on my isp modem/router and on the R1.

If I had to disable it in one of the two routers would it be fine? Can I disable it on my isp router and still have ip's assigned automatically through the R1? thanks

• Netduma Staff

Sometimes if you're using DHCP on both it can cause issues. You can assign IP's to every device connected to the R1 using DHCP without doing anything with the DHCP on your modem. If you then wanted to assign an IP to the Netduma itself you could use the modem DHCP.

There's no real reason this would be causing input lag however. How are you measuring the lag you're experiencing? DHCP doesn't really factor in to it, so the solution most likely lies factors like ping / line quality and the equipment you're using.

No. I've had issues like this for a long time. It's more of a cursor delay caused by some network delays. To describe it best it feels like the mouse is really floaty even in windows. And yes I have eliminated every other cause. But of course this is not your job to deal with. Since my question can't be really answered in public because my ip's are involved may I message you or some other admin with a one or two questions including a screenshot of what I'm talking about?

• Netduma Staff

You can message me if you want, our PM's are secure. In my opinion though this is not a network issue. If you're getting issues even when you're just using your computer day-to-day, it's far, far more likely to be a performance issue. There's no way your connection can affect how your mouse cursor behaves, especially in day to day use.