Sky hub question

BENORMOUS

Reset my sky hub yesterday as my fibre felt terrible online in multiplayer,after a reset it seems to be back to awesome again so all good there but that's not why I'm here

I saw something ticked in the advanced section of the hub that's called Respond to ping on internet WAN port,was just wondering if it should be ticked and what it actually meens as I'm not all that clued up in the technical department?

• Administrators

I believe this means that if someone were to ping your IP then if you had it ticked it would respond to their ping request. If it was unticked they would not get a response back so would not be able to tell the ping to your IP. Up to you whether you want to leave it on, I probably would keep it ticked personally.

BENORMOUS, on 25 Jun 2015 - 5:21 PM, said:

Reset my sky hub yesterday as my fibre felt terrible online in multiplayer,after a reset it seems to be back to awesome again so all good there but that's not why I'm here

I saw something ticked in the advanced section of the hub that's called Respond to ping on internet WAN port,was just wondering if it should be ticked and what it actually meens as I'm not all that clued up in the technical department?

Fraser is spot on:

3bdfd809ee.png

Archived